Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guy today I was trying to install my Dsp5 switch in my 2005.4 duramax, I mounted it, I ran the wires all the way to the ECM but when trying to connect the wires to pin #50 and #32 i found out that pin #32 is already taken by a black wire. I know is the grey connector the lower on on the ECM. Do you guys k ow if I can plug the pin at another available pin hole. I will attach a pic of the connector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Are you positive you have the correct plug? I've done a few and have never had pins in the needed spots. You need to use the correct pins!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve checked many times if I’m correct it’s the grey plug. There’s 3 plugs on the ECM one blue at the top, one black in the middle and one grey at the bottom, unless I’m not understanding the instructions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was comparing my grey conector to a diagram of the conector on Alldatadiy and I’m positive I’m on the right conector, But for some reason some wires don’t match the one on Alldata and pin 32 is supposed to be open but there’s a black wire In there. How could I find where the wire goes or if it’s possible to connect the pin to another pin hole.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Are you sure you have the right pin numbers you should be plugging into? mine were different numbers but i have a different year model too. Just trying to eliminate the simple.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I checked GM Upfitter wiring diagram; you are correct that pin # 32 and #50 should be empty. Checked upfitter's diagram and the wires next to 32 and 50 are the same colour code as the pic you posted. Maybe previous owner added that wire. See if you can trace that wire back in the harness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill try to trace the wire if not I might just have to buy one of those pass trough dsp5 switches that connect to OBD port.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok i got my dsp5 switch installed. There was a wire in pin 32, I don’t know why was this wire in there. It wasn’t connected to anything just about 5” long. The truck had previous work done to
the wire harness looks like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts