Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting one. Tell me some info about it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay my local tuner talked me into getting one. you can set the tunes to what ever you want?

·
Noob
161 Posts
okay my local tuner talked me into getting one. you can set the tunes to what ever you want?
Talk to your tuners usually they have a list of different HP tunes for different purposes (towing, speed, etc). You pick the five you want and the switch puts you on each one. For example, I might get a fuel economy one, a very safe power one, a not so safe power one, a decent one for towing... and then there's one left over...

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I didn't unhook my battery.......works fine! You'll love have a DSP5

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lright im getting more and more anxius to get it in....i like ya's idea about what tunes can you make some more suggestions. i want an all out tune, Hot performance, towing, economy(daily driver), stock with some minor changes and possibly lope? sound decent?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Do it, you will not regret it. I've had EFI for a while, but the dsp is the best part of it yet!! Go from balls out to towing a trailer after a few short shift relearns! Cool!!

·
Registered
926 Posts
^^ the relearning is the only bad part, I wish the TCM could have Asp.

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
UNHOOK THE BATTERY.

If you dont you could accidentally arc the pins.

I install them by removing the fender liner, much easier that standing on your head.

The DSP5 is a potentiometer, which means each time you turn it, it changes to a different amount of resisitence and thus different voltages are sent to the ECM, This triggers the ECM to switch certain tables to a different calibration.

The first setting is the stock program or whatever has been altered on the stock program. The rest are only 10 tables.

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
UNHOOK THE BATTERY.

If you dont you could accidentally arc the pins.

I install them by removing the fender liner, much easier that standing on your head.

The DSP5 is a potentiometer, which means each time you turn it, it changes to a different amount of resisitence and thus different voltages are sent to the ECM, This triggers the ECM to switch certain tables to a different calibration.

The first setting is the stock program or whatever has been altered on the stock program. The rest are only 10 tables.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So the dsp isnt just a switch like you caan buy at radio shack?

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
You can buy Pots anywhere electronic parts are sold. They will cost you less than a happy meal.

But you will need to either buy one that is setup with the correct resistances to work with EFI live, or alter the EFI Live tuning.

You will also need to get the ECM pins.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I know this is about LLY or LB7, but no need to take your inner fender out if you have a LBZ.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

just seeing if this works, im trying to post pictures. and i think im just gunna order the dsp5 switch.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.