Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok theres a guy close to me thats doing the dsp5 with tunes for $400 on my truck! does that sound like a rite price?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Is he a respectable tuner? Or does he have tunes from someone? It's not a bad price. A little high depending on who is making the tunes.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there all tunes from someone else

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
eh....hard to call. sounds a little high to me. who's tunes are they? i actually think buying your own efi flashscan setup is the way to go

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
were the best place to get it at and how much? and how hard are they to use? he been doing efi tunes for over a year now but idk were he got them? i like being able to change my settings to

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
were the best place to get it at and how much? and how hard are they to use? he been doing efi tunes for over a year now but idk were he got them? i like being able to change my settings to
its gonna be 799 from anyone...and usually that includes 2 free tunes.

i personally went with [email protected] and have been really happy. Idaho Rob a vendor here would be my second choice

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
id like to have a good lopen smoke tune do they have any?

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
id like to have a good lopen smoke tune do they have any?
smokes tunes and lb7's dont really go together....you have no control over your turbo like the newer years do.

lope tune is easy. just 1 cell in 1 table needs be changed

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ok i see but ive heard that on the lb7 the lobe tunes lobe fast is that true? and im gonna build the tranny how much hp tune can the stock motor hold?

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
oh ok i see but ive heard that on the lb7 the lobe tunes lobe fast is that true? and im gonna build the tranny how much hp tune can the stock motor hold?
uh i dont think they lope fast...its the same as an lly and i actually raised my idle rpm on my lope to speed it up..

it gets old fast though.

stock turbo will get you in the 530ish HP range.

stock motor should hold up to 600or so without much trouble. anything over that starts getting iffy but some have help up to 700

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok cool im not planing on going that high maybe a 150 or 180hp tune be great

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
ok cool im not planing on going that high maybe a 150 or 180hp tune be great
yea well if your trans can hold it might as well go for an all out stock turbo tune....just for giggles lol

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea im gonna do a tranny up grade but idk what to get been lookin into the ppe stage4 or the suncoast stage4?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live in bardstown about 30mins out of louisvile ky

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have a guy that builds great trannys and he will do it all for $500 cash if i do a lil avertisment for him but i just have to bring him the parts whats would be the best kit ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts