Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ran a DTC check today, and my Autocal pulled a C0040 EBCM "Right Front Wheel Sensor Circuit". Now I have no idea how long that code has been thrown because my Bullydog never showed it when I ran a DTC check. I double checked this by first pulling the code with the autocal then hooking up the bullydog and trying to pull the code and it didnt show up. My question is do I just need to buy a new abs sensor and replace the old one? The ABS light is NOT on, nor has it ever came on, no CEL, and no "Service Brake System" message. What should I check/replace??

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I replaced the right front abs sensor and I am still getting the C0040 code, still no CEL or Abs light though.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update Today: Well I checked and compared OHMS, and Voltage when rotating tires by hand, both sides match up pretty well. I pulled all of the conduit off of the right sensor wiring all of the way back to the main harness, no chaffes or cracks in the wires. I disconnected the batteries for 30 mins, and rechecked with autocal, code is still popping up, however my hvac code that was being thrown disappeared. So I pulled the wheel, and brakes off, took the new sensor out and took a wire wheel and completely cleaned the mounting surface of the sensor, reinstalled and code still popped. So last thing i did was reclean ground wire mounts for the EBCM and I pulled the harnesses out of the ECBM and inspected the contacts. I have no idea where to go from here, the only two things I havent done is replace the hub and possibly reflash the truck to stock and reload my tunes ( I dont think this will do anything though). What is weird is that It only throws the code when in park and cycling the ignition, if I clear the code and drive around it wont pop until I park and turn the ignition off and back on again, this sensor runs off of the rotation of the hub so why would this code be thrown while the truck isnt moving?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update Today: Well I checked and compared OHMS, and Voltage when rotating tires by hand, both sides match up pretty well. I pulled all of the conduit off of the right sensor wiring all of the way back to the main harness, no chaffes or cracks in the wires. I disconnected the batteries for 30 mins, and rechecked with autocal, code is still popping up, however my hvac code that was being thrown disappeared. So I pulled the wheel, and brakes off, took the new sensor out and took a wire wheel and completely cleaned the mounting surface of the sensor, reinstalled and code still popped. So last thing i did was reclean ground wire mounts for the EBCM and I pulled the harnesses out of the ECBM and inspected the contacts. I have no idea where to go from here, the only two things I havent done is replace the hub and possibly reflash the truck to stock and reload my tunes ( I dont think this will do anything though). What is weird is that It only throws the code when in park and cycling the ignition, if I clear the code and drive around it wont pop until I park and turn the ignition off and back on again, this sensor runs off of the rotation of the hub so why would this code be thrown while the truck isnt moving?
Currently having the exact same issue have u figured out the problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts