Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Sell Fireworks!
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I borrowed a friends PPE HOT +2ET about a week ago and I've mostly ran it on Level 2 (90HP) but I did run it on Level 4 (225) for a few hours last weekend. This is the first time my truck has ever through a code. Now running it on Level 2 it throws a code consistently during highway driving.

So the next part is I hooked the PPE up with the truck not running with the key on the on position, doors and windows closed, stereo (OEM) off, etc. I pulled the DTC's and the first code that popped up was "1404" which I assume is:

"P1404 Exhaust Gas Recirc (EGR) Closed Pos Perf" - Yes my LB7 is CA Emmissions :mad1

Anyone know what the fix is for this code?

But then I could scroll through what I assume to be more codes, they are endless. These are the codes I wrote down..."484D, 5258, 5E64, 6A70, 767C, 8288, 8E94, 9AA0, A6AC, B2B8, BEC4...and they go on and on and on. I don't recognize any of these codes. What am I missing, am I doing something wrong? Is this normal?

I figure when it throws the code again I might take it to AutoZone and see what they get. Any help is appreciated.

On a side note, when I checked my balance rates a week ago before putting the programmer on my truck they were all in spec +/- 4, but just after a week I have two injectors, #3 and #7 that jump between 3.8 and 4.5 at idle. I don't beat on the truck at all really...The PPE is sure fun, but I gotta say its created some headaches, lol. I know, you gotta pay to play!

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Don't worry about all those other codes. Clear the P1404 EGR Code, and see if it comes back.

·
I Sell Fireworks!
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has came back 3 times. It throws it every time I am on the highway.

·
I Sell Fireworks!
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After Lunch Bump. ^^^

·
I Sell Fireworks!
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So should I just throw a blocker plate in there and just deal with the CEL until I get EFI Live? I assume this code is just a problem with the EGR...anyone deal with this before?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know this is an old topic but thought I'd bump it.
Same thing happened to me today.
03 lb7.
put a ppe programmer on it yesterday today I got a check engine light and it threw about a million codes.
and they all look like the ones the OP mentioned.
Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yup. Ppe on my 03 and I got thoose codes right now. But I had no codes when I parked my truck in the heated garage. Come back 3 days to start it and I’ve got nothing. Won’t try to turn over

1 - 7 of 7 Posts