Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got these from my programmer.

B2961
P0102
B0077
C0221

02 chevy 6.0L

Any help would be much appreciated, and also, is there a book you can buy to look up all this crap in?

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Just got these from my programmer.

B2961 Key in Ignition Circuit
P0102 Mass/Volume Air Flow Circ Lo Input
B0077 Still lookin
C0221 Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Open

02 chevy 6.0L

Any help would be much apritiated, and also, is there a book you can buy to look up all this crap in?

Here you go:drink

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
B0077 is LF/Driver SIS Malfunction

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Now for help:D

DTC B2961

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
The body control module (BCM) monitors the ignition key alarm switch. When the key is in the ignition, the ignition key alarm switch is closed with the signal circuit as low. When the key is not in the ignition, the ignition key alarm switch is open with the signal circuit as high.

DTC DESCRIPTOR
This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC:
DTC B2961 Key in Ignition Circuit

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC
The ignition is ON.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC

The ignition 1 input is active and the key in ignition switch signal circuit is inactive and the signal circuit is high.
The above conditions must be present for more than 5 seconds .
ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS
The BCM stores DTC B2961 in memory.

CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE DTC

The DTC becomes history when the fault is no longer present.
A history DTC will clear after 100 consecutive ignition cycles if the condition for the malfunction is no longer present.
The BCM receives the clear code command from the scan tool.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot guys.
I think i know why the ignition code, But any idea what the other three could mean? any fixes?

·
Registered
5,569 Posts

Did you just clean the air filter, maybe you did not plug it back in, or just make sure there is a good connection. That is where I would start.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts

Did you just clean the air filter, maybe you did not plug it back in, or just make sure there is a good connection. That is where I would start.

C0221: There is a problem on 2000 & up with rust buildup forming between the wheel sensor and the knuckle, where the sensor mounts. You might have the rust buildup and hitting the pothole jarred the sensor ever so slightly to allow the air gap to increase.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Nope, but I will check, Am having to replace my front end due to rough county road detours... So Im sure anything could come un-done. As for the ignition, I have replaced the key switch, when I did i broke something and the security light stays on, but to me its not a big deal, and my starter is going out, So that probably covers the first code, As for the second I will check the intake. As for the last two, is that just sensors that need to be replaced, or when I rebuild the front It should take care of it? Thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well opened up the air box, and yea I think I found my problem, Its a k&n but im not going to even mess with trying to clean it(least at the moment) Ill just go for a cheap paper filter atleast till the detours over. These three months really have hurt my truck having to drive in some bad conditions. Ive lived down a dirt road for all my life, But it was never as bad as thousands of people driving down it a day.
Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The truck ran this morning. After I cleared the codes now it wont start??? It fires off, but emidiatly dies after. I checked all the fuses???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts