Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am wondering if when purchasing a dual remote bypass filter for oil, on your truck, does the actual kit matter? For example, I'm looking at the amsoil one, where it mounts to under the vehicle on the frame rail it looks like, and then there are other brands that do the same things, but the amsoil people swear by. With this problem, I would need help with it. Do I go with amsoil, or do I go with a different one for my money? Or maybe one a little cheaper is just as good?

I have a 06 lbz Silverado 4 door 4x4

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hello, I am wondering if when purchasing a dual remote bypass filter for oil, on your truck, does the actual kit matter? For example, I'm looking at the amsoil one, where it mounts to under the vehicle on the frame rail it looks like, and then there are other brands that do the same things, but the amsoil people swear by. With this problem, I would need help with it. Do I go with amsoil, or do I go with a different one for my money? Or maybe one a little cheaper is just as good?

I have a 06 lbz Silverado 4 door 4x4
I would say it is a waste of $$$ and the potential for another problem. The duramax is very easy on oil so pick a good filter and whatever for oil you can find easily.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say it is a waste of $$$ and the potential for another problem. The duramax is very easy on oil so pick a good filter and whatever for oil you can find easily.
Well it wasn't that I was saying that the Duramax was hard on oil. It wasn't what I was trying to get at I apologize if it sounded that way. I had just liked the idea of every 10 minutes feeding my engine analytically clean oil from a bypass oil filter that can filter down to two microns. Are there problems that could arise from doing this?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Well it wasn't that I was saying that the Duramax was hard on oil. It wasn't what I was trying to get at I apologize if it sounded that way. I had just liked the idea of every 10 minutes feeding my engine analytically clean oil from a bypass oil filter that can filter down to two microns. Are there problems that could arise from doing this?
That is what your oil filter is for. There is literally 10's of thousands of UOA from people doing regular oil changes with zero issues. I am doing 40,000 mile oil changes with no silly bypass filters and my UOA come back great. Besides making your wallet lighter you will be creating extra spots for an potential oil leak. If you want to make an upgrade to your oil system that would be beneficial go with a 17-19 L5P oil cooler. It has 40% more cooling capacity which will keep your oil cooler extending its life and it bolts in with no extra parts.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Reactions: ShopSpecialties

·
Registered
759 Posts
I would go with the Donaldson DBL0832 for simplicity.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Back in 05 I did the dual bypass on Amsoil At the time, it was the better option.

Where you mount the kit is dependent on how much hose you have. I did mine under the truck, not where they said, but inside the rail. The orientation is more important than location.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts