Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a dual fuel pump system? If so what kind and how do you like it? What is a good tranny upgrade, a kit or a complete tranny?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
DO you mean dual lift pumps or dual CP3 pumps? For dual cp3 pumps i would say absolutly no less than a Suncoast III may even need a IV to hold it if you crank the power up all the way but if you dont change turbos you still wont make it out of the low 500hp range as the stock turbo dosent supply enough air!

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
a lift pump is a electric pump that you mount close to the tank to push fuel to the cp3, the cp3 it the main high pressure injection pump that boost the fuel rail psi to 23000 psi but when running big hp tunes they cant keep the pressure up causing loss in power, high egts, and often rail psi codes! The lift pump and shim kit will help eliminate some of the issues but still will not support much more than 475 RWHP on most trucks. the twin cp3s will support more hp than anyone has found yet but you still should run a lift pump with them!

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks. About the tranny. What updates will support what hp?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts