Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 06 2500 i want the dually look i really dont care bout the suspension. could i just bolt up a dually bed and wheels?

·
Registered
90 Posts
no the dual rear axle is narrower than the single wheel axle. to do it right u need a whole dual axle so if u really want to do it u need a bed and get the whole rear end springs and all.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shat thats what i didnt wana hear haha o well. what years will work for my truck?

·
Registered
90 Posts
all 01- early 07 will work and i think even the new body style should work but i dont know on the new body style though. just make sure the gears in the rear end are the same as urs are u will need a programmer that can change that and if is 4wd u will need to change gearing so they are the same in both ends

·
Registered
938 Posts
so cainer all your saying is to convert one you just need the adapter for the extra wheel and a new bed?

·
Registered
938 Posts
haha and the police i think that will be on the illeagle side of exposed wheel haha

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
Ya, I do mud bogging so always in junk yard stripping trucks.. I have 2 Dana 70 axles single wheel and dually and I think it's either 2 inches wider or 6 total been a while since I've played with dually stuff... can't exactly remember but you catch my drift... It can be done without alot of work just parts basically.

·
Registered
938 Posts
yeah i've seen a few sites that have the spacer kits for the front and back but i'd get the new bed cuz i want it to look as stock as possible plus i have a stack kit that will be gettign taken off so then i dont' ahve to worry about the hole haha

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
i know some lady with a 2500 cummins that bought dually rims and a set of extra long nuts... the tires were not quite as far apart as they should be, but it worked..
she doesnt have a dually bed though.

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
Do you mean longer studs? Yeah I guess as long as your rims fit over
the drum.. thought it may be an issue but if you can get away without spacers go for it, but to look right I'd get spacers
so wheels fit in the dually well nicely.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sweet i didnt really wana do it if i had to get axle and all that stuff im gona start shoppin for beds and wheels thanx again guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
This sparks an interest for me...I'm actually thinkin of goin the other way...I have a 2005 CrewCab Dually and would like to swap to SRW set up...Is your truck a long bed? Maybe we should hook up...by the way...has anyone done this swap?

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
There is A site somewhere that sell dully conversion stuff. They even have fenders for short beds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts