Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's how my day went today(Jan 8).
I went to my local Chev dealership for an oil change.
Apparently the dealership I bought my 05 from-(not the one I get my truck serviced at) was too cheap to change the Allison spin on tranny filter and the fuel filter when it came back off lease( Where I live, when a vehicle comes in off lease the dealership must put the vehicle back into as new condition including all servicing required according to mileage as I was told) Now-I had to pay out of my pocket for the allison service and the fuel filter service.
OK did this all$250.00 later instead of just the $64.00 for the oil change.
I get home and notice I have lost 1/4 tank of diesel from the dealership to my house(8 miles).
I looked under the hood while my truck was idling and noticed the meat head that changed the fuel filter crushed the crap out of it and it was pouring fuel all over the place.
I drove the truck back to the dealership and lost another 1/4 tank(dealership now closed).
I am scheduled to haul an excavator at 8 AM January 9th and now I can't do it because of a moron.
BE CAREFUL when getting your Duramax serviced!!!!
I can't wait to get to the dealership tomorrow morning and go happy gilmore on someone's a**.:ar15 :blowup
But I'm not bitter.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Damn that sux. Sorry to hear about your trouble. I would definetly push the service manager for some sort of compensation, and if he refuses call GM and file a complaint. Complaints do alot more tha most people think.

I had a dealer screw me around for over a month on a repair. They calimed I was abusing the vehicle (BS). Bottom line was they didn't want to do the repair. In the end, Chrysler sent an engineer out to look at my truck, told the dealer to fix it, and told me to file a complaint with Chrysler. I must not have been the only one, cause 6 months later tehy had to tear down their sign that said tehy were a 4 STAR dealer (very bad PR for them).

Funny, no matter the brand, truck dealers are still hit and miss.

This is why I do my own service work on my trucks, I know its done right. And usually it cheaper.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arrrggghhhh

The dealership fixed my truck today-took them from 8 am to 12:30 pm-they were going to make me wait overnight for a part and I told the owner of the dealership to give me a truck to use or rob parts off a used truck-the mechanic actually ripped the fuel return line off while putting the filter in-that's what they told me anyhow.
They tried to do as little as possible till I went out on the lot and "found" a 2005 Duramax that was traded in the day before.
They took the fuel line off it and finally fixed my truck.
They were going to leave me stranded till I made a fuss about THEM breaking my truck and causing me to lose a days worth of work.
They would NOT let me have a used duramax for the day while my truck sat.
Then they acted like they did me a favor by fixing my truck so "fast".
I think my truck is cursed-anybody know a good exorcist?lol:help :cookoo

·
Registered
142 Posts
How about letting us know the dealer name so we know not to go there? Other than that, I don't know of any exorcist. I would take it off of your hands if you are ready to get rid of it :rof

·
Registered
186 Posts
I feel your pain, but as a mechanic in the Military and ASE certified, I do all my own work, unless it is warranty work, no sense in wasting my time and money. But still even though I know what is wrong and what the fix is and all that stuff I to have to deal with the same dumb a** incompetent mechanics. I always find faults and sloppy work and I do complain when work is not performed properly, but being in a military city nothing really happens because for every one of me there are 1000 who don't know if they are getting screwed. Just keep fighting the good and sooner or latter you will win.

·
Registered
527 Posts
i wanna know how he "broke" the fuel line taking off the filter.:Smack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts