Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the MotorOps emissions compliant tunes and currently I've been running the Sport/Econ tune. This weekend I'll be going 250 miles, pick up my boat, pull it for 25 miles, then at the end of the day pull it back 25 miles, put it away, then drive back 250 mile to home. If I leave the Sport/Econ tune on for the 50 miles of towing will I subject the engine or trans to any damage? The boat weighs about 6,000 lbs.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Will be fine as long as your EGT's aren't too high, and shouldn't be with a light load like that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
That's exactly right, my truck has seen nothing but max effort and I tow 15k to 20k every now and then.. Just use tow haul and don't put the skinny down all they way and you'll be good.. Always watch the temps though, good habit to get into..

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well good, I'm glad I'll be okay pulling that short distance and not have change to a different tune.

Thanks for all your replies!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.