Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 2500 Denali XL that was converted with an LMM. My issue is the fuel tank that was put in it is way too small. Has anyone with a conversation put in an aux tank or swapped with an aftermarket titan tank and if so what size did you use? I'm fixing to replace the sump in this tank because whoever installed it just used a brass 90 and some how fixed it in the bottom of the tank. Occasionally when I'm pulling up a steep hill I can see my fuel pressure drop (Edge Insight) for a second and catch up when I get off the throttle. The sending unit is having issues as well so my fuel gauge is slightly off. Add a small fuel capacity to the mix and its becoming a PITA on long hauls with the travel trailer. Any suggestions?
TIA

·
Registered
5 Posts
The standard 2500 Suburban has two tanks for a total of around 39 gal. I installed a sump on the main tank. When the gauge gets down to 3/4, the rear tank pump should kick on and fill the main tank (or at least empty the rear).

Is yours a half ton?

Jake

1 - 2 of 2 Posts