Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i recently wrecked my ‘02 Duramax..sadly. But i found a ‘02 Tahoe that I’m using as my shop beater at the moment. I’m gathering parts and what not right now, and would like to know of any wiring issues I’ll run into swapping the Tahoe body into my 2500hd frame (it is straight). I still have my cab and all my engine wiring and what not. I would also like to turn this truck into a coil over truck...without spending the 5 grand on a bds lift kit...I’d prefer it to stay as close to factory height as possible, at most a 3” lift using the zone diff drop. Any insight would be awesome!!

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
1,259 Posts
Putting the Tahoe body over on the Silverado frame wont work I believe. The rear section of the frame is different. You will have to put the power train into the Tahoe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand they’re different, but i was going to chop my frame and shorten it to fit the Tahoe. I don’t want the big torque house into the small weak frame, plus my frame is a 4wd on the 2500 and i would like to keep that. I know a few mounts would have to be made and what not.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for that, great write up. Do you happen to know where i can find a write up for all the wiring i will be embarking on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts