Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
E_Redd

I am new to the diesel engine performance thing. I always bought a vehicle and left it stock. What do different types of fuel injectors do for the motor? Better fuel economy? I have the newest Duramax and am getting 13.5 miles per gallon. It's only got 1500 miles on it. It's not close to its break-in stage. Does a bigger exhaust help mpg or does it strictly add horsepower? What about an intake? Chip? I may have asked too many questions. I would really appreciate the comments.

Thanks

· Registered
6 Posts
It sounds like you have a little knowledge on the diesel stuff. I really appreciate your help. So you are telling me that it would probably be better to stick with the stock air filter and go with the chip and the bigger exhaust? The programmer or chip that I want is a Bully Dog or an Edge. I want one that I can adjust on the fly and one that has the temp. guages on the display. Unfortunately, they don't have them yet for the LBZ Duramax. Does the Bully Dog or the Edge have capabilities of putting the original stock settings back on the truck computer? I was wondering how you guys get around the warranty issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.