Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i do a TON of OTR with my truck, in fact i am planning an 9000 mile trip for next week. for my trailer i have spares of the hard to find parts that have a high chance of breaking. wheel bearing cup, plugs, bearing set.
so i am wondering what parts may be common to break on the Dmax that it would pay me to carry?
perhaps some sensors? a spare injector? any ideas?

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
Fuel filter, and tools to change it out

·
Registered
226 Posts
i do a TON of OTR with my truck, in fact i am planning an 9000 mile trip for next week. for my trailer i have spares of the hard to find parts that have a high chance of breaking. wheel bearing cup, plugs, bearing set.
so i am wondering what parts may be common to break on the Dmax that it would pay me to carry?
perhaps some sensors? a spare injector? any ideas?
14" tip in case you need to help a cummins boy out

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buying a case of each of the 3 filters in two weeks.
do they make a better fuel filter that is easier to drain the water off?

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
I carry a serp belt, tensioner and idler set, extra fuel filter+tools , couple injector harness connectors (common LLY issue), spare MAF, spare crank & cam position sensors. Probably a couple spare injectors would be good since you have an LB7.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I carry a serp belt, tensioner and idler set, extra fuel filter+tools , couple injector harness connectors (common LLY issue), spare MAF, spare crank & cam position sensors. Probably a couple spare injectors would be good since you have an LB7.
spare injectors?? thats not a side of the road repair.

thats a full day start to finish job

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was thinking one, so i could get back on the road in 24 hours.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
have you ever replaced one yourself?

it sucks bad enough in the driveway or garage of your own house, just not one id wanna do in that set up.

are your balance rates out right now to make you think you may need a set of injectors?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have had the truck less then 1 week. so no never on a Dmax.
cummins are easy.
don't know my balance rate, as i have no edge on it.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
search LB7 injector swap in the search bar and see if that s something you wanna tackle on the side of the road :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well I guess you could if you carried around a full set of tools, and one of those pop-up canvas garages...I wouldn't worry about the injectors too much tho. Just get them checked out and if there bad enough to worry you replace them now.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts