Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up everyone, thanks for the add to the forum, I’m a Duramax newbie looking for some advice.

I’m currently in the market for a clean Duramax. Budget is around 20-25k. Crew cab, short bed. Looking to get the LMM years and up as this will be my daily driver and I would like some creature comfort in the cabin. I would also entertain the idea of an LBZ, but they’re pretty hard to find.

I’m looking for reliability with this truck. The only “performance” mods I would look into are maybe an MBRP or flo-pro exhaust system for a good deep sound. I really know next to nothing about tuners as well, but I’m willing to learn. I’d be hauling stuff around in my bed, occasionally towing a decent size wakeboarding boat, and maybe looking into off-roading. Basic truck stuff.

My questions to you all is what year would you recommend I look into buying (pre 2011 for no DEF or is it no big deal)? Should I stay under 150k miles? What are some “must-do mods” or things I need to do such as EGR delete/block off on a LBZ, DPF delete on a LMM, DEF delete on LML? And if I want an exhaust system, how can I fix the codes that will be thrown at me if I delete something? I live in the Virginia/Maryland/DC area, so EPA restrictions are pretty tight.

TIA for your help. Looking forward to talking with you all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts