Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. Maybe some of you more diesel savy drivers can solve my problem . I was driving - everything was fine when my truck suddenly bucked and immediately lost power. I think it bucked so hard it blew off my oil fill top !! I replaced the fuel filter , but the problem insists. I can not get the motor to rev up over 1800 rpm. The curious thing is that my fuel gauge says I am on low fuel. I have added 3/4 of a tank and it still stubbornly says low fuel. I am thinking something is wrong with the injectors . but it could also be an electrical problem. Any advice or help anyone can offer would be appreciated. I live in the country and it's a long tow into town and I don't want to have to take off my slide in camper unless I really have to. For the record the truck is a 6.6L 3500 2003 model with 104,000 miles. Has the warranty for injectors been extended or did my eyes just do some wishful thinking . Brian

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Check out my garage for Special Policy 04039. If you have the symptoms in that policy, they are covered for 7yrs/200,000 miles no deductable. How does your oil look and smell? (if oil is over full and smells of diesel get it to a shop pronto) Do you have any other mods on it? You did limp it, but we need to figure out why. Do you have a service engine soon light? I would take your truck to an autozone and have the codes read. I know the earlier trucks had problems with the module on the side of the tranny for shifting (NSBU Switch). If that goes bad, it will do what you are decribing. It is pretty easy to change yourself, but it is under $100 IIRC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts