Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Duramax Footwell LED Kit! RGB Multicolor & Single color Kits! Control W/Smartphone!!

Looking to add a fresh look to your truck's interior? Footwell LEDs are the way to do it! By adding bright LED strips under your dash, you can add a lot to the look of your vehicle.

Diode Dynamics has been producing and designing easy-to-install LED kits for nearly a decade, and this kit is no exception. We have designed new LED strips to be used in this kit, which are highly flexible, IP67 waterproof, and long-lasting. This kit also uses our RGB Multicolor products, which are controlled by the included remote! You can change the color to fit your mood, or adjust the brightness to your preferred settings.

Included in the kit:

• 2 (two) 30-5050 SMD Strips (flexible and IP67 waterproof)
  • Wiring harness for easy installation
  • 2 (two) quick-splices for installation
  • LED Toggle switch in your choice of LED color
  • RGB Controller Box with RF sensor and 4 outputs
  • Remote Control (choose Standard or upgrade to Bluetooth or WiFi)
  • 4 (four) zip-ties and 3M outdoor adhesive pads for mounting strips
  • 3-year Diode Dynamics worry-free limited warranty
  • 30-day satisfaction guarantee

Also included with rear footwell option:

• 2 (two) additional 30-5050 SMD Strips (flexible and waterproof)
  • 2 (two) 3-meter (ten-foot) extension wires
  • Additional zip-ties and adhesive pads

Any questions email us at [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Price?

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the RGB kit, you can make any color

This would be a close match with the GM factory aqua color

Nick C.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,060 Posts
You as well. Not to be a nit picker here, but in the demo video for light output, you really need your tech/engineer to clean up that neg connection on that power supply. It looks really sloppy. As an amateur radio operator, I'd cringe seeing that much stray wire coming out of the binding post!

Thanks for sharing the technical data. It really does make a difference. Like flashlights, the marketing hype is strong

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You as well. Not to be a nit picker here, but in the demo video for light output, you really need your tech/engineer to clean up that neg connection on that power supply. It looks really sloppy. As an amateur radio operator, I'd cringe seeing that much stray wire coming out of the binding post!

Thanks for sharing the technical data. It really does make a difference. Like flashlights, the marketing hype is strong
Fair enough! Dealing with that 2awg wire is just such a pain. While it's function over form in this case, and really no chance of it shorting, a bit of cleanup with a proper crimp terminal would probably be a good idea!

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,060 Posts
:thumb

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,060 Posts
Nick, the 4157NA factory bulb appears to be between 300-400 lumens depending on manufacturer. I assume that is total lumens of both filiments. The park and turn bulbs in the front of the 2013 GMC are not diffused through the housing, meaning the housing lens is clear. Will the 3157NA leds "look right" in that clear housing and how will they perform?

Thanks for keeping us informed

·
Supporting Vendors
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nick, the 4157NA factory bulb appears to be between 300-400 lumens depending on manufacturer. I assume that is total lumens of both filiments. The park and turn bulbs in the front of the 2013 GMC are not diffused through the housing, meaning the housing lens is clear. Will the 3157NA leds "look right" in that clear housing and how will they perform?

Thanks for keeping us informed
Our HP/XP models do an excellent job utilizing the factory housing and will provide enough output to be safe, and cosmetically better than the factory bulbs.

The HP24 switchbacks that we offer are significantly brighter than any previous generation of switchback turn signal bulbs, and will be completely visible during the day.

They have not undergone DOT compliance testing for the 2013 GMC, but they will not create any additional safety risk.

If you would like more specific technical information, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

We will also be launching a new site in early 2015 with more information about our products available.

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You should make a kit for the beds of our trucks. I am looking at doing that soon. I need extra light because of the canopy on the truck.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Great to here. I can be the test dummy and give you feedback if you would like. :) It would be sweet for tailgating partying also.
Dave

Reactions: Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Bump, I sure could spend a lot in here.....

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Nick just let us know when the h11 headlight bulbs are out! I just called on Monday asking about it and I was told their is prototypes you guys are testing for the h11 low beam. My silver stars are junk!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts