Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys this thing smokes like a freight train at idle and I've been researching the site and i've come to think its the injectors. I called the GM stealerships and they all say there isnt a bulliten on the injectors and i know good damn and well there is. The trucks 8th number in the vin is a 1 and the truck was put into service on 11/05/2003. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance!!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
the only warrenty i know of was on lb7 that was only till 04.5... im sure somebody will correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
94 Posts
Guys this thing smokes like a freight train at idle and I've been researching the site and i've come to think its the injectors. I called the GM stealerships and they all say there isnt a bulliten on the injectors and i know good damn and well there is. The trucks 8th number in the vin is a 1 and the truck was put into service on 11/05/2003. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance!!

There is an extended warranty, 7yrs/200k miles. The injectors must fail in a specific way. There is a bulletin. Go to a different dealer or contact the customer service guy from the factory.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had this smoke problem last year. It was not due to the 7yr/200,000 mile warranty issue. Mine came from year of dirty fuel causing an injector to slightly stick open. Keep in mind this was a white rich smelling smoke. It would put out a nice plume at idle. I ran stanadyne through several months. It cleaned up 2 of the 3 injectors, but the 3rd still had an issue thus needing replacement. It is an LB7 04 duramax. It was done under the original 100k mile warranty so only cost me $100 deductible. However, out of warranty new injector replacement runs around $1000. I would try this first: Performance Formula - Stanadyne

·
Registered
17,251 Posts
I had this smoke problem last year. It was not due to the 7yr/200,000 mile warranty issue. Mine came from year of dirty fuel causing an injector to slightly stick open. Keep in mind this was a white rich smelling smoke. It would put out a nice plume at idle. I ran stanadyne through several months. It cleaned up 2 of the 3 injectors, but the 3rd still had an issue thus needing replacement. It is an LB7 04 duramax. It was done under the original 100k mile warranty so only cost me $100 deductible. However, out of warranty new injector replacement runs around $1000. I would try this first: Performance Formula - Stanadyne
Did you ever think to change the fuel filter..?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Therer is no extended warranty for the injectors!

There is a Special Policy (SP) where GM may replace the injectors for 200k/7yr ---- IF---- they meet certain conditions during a test done by a GM mechanic, and then approved by GM. Not all injector problems will be repaired with this SP.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.