Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my 03 duramax has been decllared dead by the dealer

new tranny new ecu/computer and nothing will work the dealer has had it for 3 days along with other diesel shops and noone can get this thing to run its stuck in security mode or some b.s

so when i get it back tomorrow im going to take some pictures and begin to part her out i suppose

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont see that happenining man 3 diesel shops and a few dealers....471k R.I.P guess im getting a plow on my truck now lmao

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
If it's something to do with VATS you can usually beat it by turning the key to "on", but not starting it, then let it sit for 10 mins, shut off and repeat, shut off for 10 mins, repeat and then start it. That will reprogram the VATS and the truck should run again.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah im going to tinker with it when she comes back tomorrow

ill have it running and if i dont ill part it out then light it one fire and roast some marshmellows

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Otherwise, find someone in your area who has EFI Live and see if they can get any response out of the ECM. I guess you can disable the VATS with EFI Live, and that might get it running as well. I wouldn't call it dead just cuz the dealer said so... we've all heard how smart some dealerships are :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nothing comes out of the computer no communication nothing

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah well see what happens tomorrow

my truck will take its position and i might pickup something else

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well the tranny blew then it went to the tranny shop and it ran really bad supposidly, then the computer fried i suppose and it was replaced now its dead

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Do you get a security light on the dash or anything? Or just completley dead, no lights or anything?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
geez man that sucks hope everything works out for ya you out having fun causing your tranny to hate you or somthing:D:gearjamin

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im not sure man i havent seen the truck in a month or so ive just been trying to have it fixed and its been passed from guy to guy....luckily noone charged me...just for parts it was pretty cool

i think it has a security light....the dealer said its stuck in security mode... i figured they didnt reconfigure the ecu or w.e it is when it was installed...so i might give that a try tomorrow

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
like i said man i dont have the truck in my posession...so therefore idk whats going on i just simply have done the " i dont care get it fixed and running" but im taking it into my own matters now sence noone can figure it out

THIS ISNT MY PERSONAL DURAMAX IN MY SIG

its my 03 work truck

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
ooooh ok well that is alot better than because you have put alot of work into your truck that would really blow...still sucks but not too bad:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah man...if it dont work then my truck will have to take its place maybe ill get a 4 door shortbed or something maybe new

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
not really because i have to pay for a new truck lol

times are tough man

1 - 20 of 37 Posts