Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While not knocking other truck manufacures to bad, and from past experences I think the duramax may be the best diesle truck on the road there smooth running extreamly strong and easy to start trucks. my father and uncle drive fords and dodges diesles the fords hate the the cold run rough and on most we have owned been a money pit I think cummins build a pretty solid truck engine but I also think they couldve done better with a v8. I wanna know your opinion .

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'll agree on everything you said about the D-max. Its the best V-8 diesel ever dropped into a pickup chassis. I still think long gevity gose to the cummins. Main for its in-line design.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
The Dmax is a great diesel. I do not agree with the cummins being better if it was a V8 though. It makes nearly the power of a Dmax and it only has 6 cylinders. The get better economy and they will run forever because of the design. My only problem with the Cummins is the rest of the truck. Although the newer Dodges seem to hold together better. I love My chevy though. It rides nice handles well and had a pretty decent amount of power. I have driven Chevy most of my life and really do no see it changing in the future.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
The Dmax is a great diesel. I do not agree with the cummins being better if it was a V8 though. It makes nearly the power of a Dmax and it only has 6 cylinders. The get better economy and they will run forever because of the design. My only problem with the Cummins is the rest of the truck. Although the newer Dodges seem to hold together better. I love My chevy though. It rides nice handles well and had a pretty decent amount of power. I have driven Chevy most of my life and really do no see it changing in the future.
I couldnt of said it better myslelf! :rockin

The duramax is a great over all motor! Its smooth and runs awesome. But, I think the cummins will last alot longer and they sound awesome. However, dodge itself sucks! I cant stand the trucks. They look like a cardboard box inside to. I drove a 06 psd and it cant be compared anywhere close to the dmax :rockin

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
i agree on that, my brothers 24v is ridiculous with the crap he has in the engine and it still holding! everything else is falling apart on the truck though.
i think if the cummins could be tuned like a duramax and was dropped in a chevy then it would make the best truck out there in my opinion.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
I sold my '96 12valve with 355,000 miles, for 10 grand! (i kept it up)

6 Cylinders, less moving parts, a lot to like about the powerplant.

dodge on the other hand..... who knows if they'll even be in business down the road.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't know now days. My boss just picked up a new Dodge fully loaded and its a nice truck.

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
If dodge does go out of business GM should have cummins as an option in there 1 ton trucks and the duramax in the 3/4 ton trucks then GM would dominate ford

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cat would be awesome I wonder if Detroit would ever consider an engine for chevy? I'm just waiting for chevy to screw up tho they had the duramax for ten years So there due for a bad decsion in there new and improved department

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I love my Duramax more than anything!!!!!! But I would be happy with any diesel truck as long as it burns diesel being a duramax, cummins or power stroke. But prolly not as happy as I am with my Duramax

·
Registered
498 Posts
That would be killer! I hear that one company was going to make a truck with a CAT motor in it. Now CAT doesnt have any on the street motors due to emisson laws :mad:
yeah it was supposedly ford in thier 2010 trucks but the emissions screwed that up from day one..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts