Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had issues w/ the Edge tuner frying the ECM on a 2007 LBZ? Stupid me, and yes i admit it, i fell for the Duramileage crap... ordered one, didn't see the mileage increase... went thru about 3 days of emails, phone calls, etc before finally getting to send it back for a refund... I put my truck back to stock, dropped the duramileage tuner in the mail and one day later my check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer today and found out my ECM is fried and they want $800 to fix it.... Just wondering if anyone has had similar luck w/ Edge... any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I had the edge evo race on my lmm for a 1 1/2 and had no problems but now I have EFI live but I would recomend the edge evo to anyone.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I love my EFI Live. Had it in 2 trucks now from DDP. Wouldnt have it any other way.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Edge Evo here. Love it. Lvl 4 i get a lil trans. shudder when getting on it in 5th and 6th gear.....leave it on lvl 3 and all is well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about towing with the edge evo? I pull a fifth wheel camper at about 12.5k lbs... Should I turn it down to tow? Does the edge produce alot of smoke?

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
I have the CS and really like it. no problems so far

as far as towing you can tow in level 2 or level 1. they both utilize a turbo brake when tow/haul is engaged. I will be towing in the one that nets the best mpg's and lowest EGT's, I've heard level 1 is better

·
Registered
208 Posts
The most weight that I have towed on level 2 which is the tow tune is about 6k which handles it like a champ. You dont even know you have something on the back.

What I am cautious of is damaging the stock transmission by pushing it too hard. I dont have the experience enough to say that it is ok to tow with that much on a stock tranny. I do plan on adding a trans go jr to mine to help out. I am sure some one on here can chime in on towing that much on a stock tranny on a 45hp setting. The main thing to watch for when towing on a tune is the EGT. I would loose the catilitic converter to help out with EGT's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
has anyone had issues w/ the Edge tuner frying the ECM on a 2007 LBZ? Stupid me, and yes i admit it, i fell for the Duramileage crap... ordered one, didn't see the mileage increase... went thru about 3 days of emails, phone calls, etc before finally getting to send it back for a refund... I put my truck back to stock, dropped the duramileage tuner in the mail and one day later my check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer today and found out my ECM is fried and they want $800 to fix it.... Just wondering if anyone has had similar luck w/ Edge... any help would be appreciated.
What was the code that it set? Is the truck still running? If it is the ecm is not fried.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was 2610. It seems to be fine now. Still going. Think the stealership was just focused on screwing me out of $800

·
Administrator
16,848 Posts
I doubt your ECM Is fried, I recommend going with EFI Live. Give Rob a call at ATPTrucks.com. He can give you some advice about the ECM.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool. Guess the dealer did that when I took it in cause it's been fine ever since. They tried telling me it was gone and they would just have to replace it.... Dang stealership!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the edge tuner on my lb7 and have had it for a while now. Chip was made back in 05. And I have recently ran into big troubles with it. Turned the truck off to fuel it up, tried turning it on and it wouldn't fire. Hooked it up to a computer and it read that the chip was messing up. And tonight driving down the highway at normal speeds noticed that my display screen went dark. Then truck died. Completely turned off no power steering nothing. I ripped it out right there on the side of the highway. I'm running stock for the next little while then going with PPE or EFI live I've heard nothing but good things about them

·
Registered
63 Posts
That code is caused when reflashing and the key is left on too long. Clear it and u are good to go.

So I guess the duramileage tuner had nothing to do with the problems? Funny how people are so fast to knock products but then say nothing when its pointed out it was they're own dumb fault. lmfao!

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
The duramilage tuner has had plenty of issues/problems not related to the installer.
Very few are happy, the ones that aren’t happy get rid of it and buy something else.
To many false hopes with what they claim you’ll gain.
In fact one member not long ago wasn’t happy, his engine rattled a lot and got very concerned, got rid of his then went EFI.
He sold it to the next victim.

BTW, The guy was talking about issues with a Edge tuner that he screwed up, he then bought the duramilage tuner, sent it back for a refund because it was crap (read post 11 again) didn’t do what it advertised.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah...now I'm confused. He never states that he installed a Edge. He did install a duramileage, pulled it out, then got a code. I guess it don't matter.

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
Read post #1 again

1 - 20 of 22 Posts