Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck went into what I think is limp mode today... It started by making a loud metal clanking sound when I shifted from park to drive. Then immedately limped. It then came to a stop and wouldnt move. I restarted it hoping I could at least get to the dealership and it limped barely. The stealership told me my TCM was bad..Part # 702475 Code number 69261 and that the only was to test was to place my module into a known working truck. Then if that was the problem it would be $500 for the part...and $700 for labor....1200 total.. I cant drive my truck now and I need it for work.. Any opinions on what I should do, cause letting them "experiment" with my truck to the tune of 1200....when I only have 60k miles of it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
60k miles on the truck it should be completely under warranty, unless you added a tuner of some kind? If it is stock I would find a different dealer.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
They cant charge you for work if it doesnt fix the issue!!! I dealt with my dealer for an issue like that, they swapped out parts and didnt fix the problem but charged me for everythnig they did. One call to the service manager and i had a check in hand in 3 days for the amount they charged.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
60k miles on the truck it should be completely under warranty, unless you added a tuner of some kind? If it is stock i would find a different dealer.
x2.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Its all under warranty no matter what they have to do its all free.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Wow they pulled a ford trick

·
Registered
619 Posts
Maybe the dealership knows about the TCM not being covered and they're just using that as an excuse to get more money?

I don't see how they can justify $700 in labour for swapping a TCM, unless I'm missing something and they've completely changed it from the older models, it's a couple plugs to unplug under the fan cover?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya the problem is that they won't guarantee that's the problem..so even if I go buy one and switch it...it may be a no go

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Post the codes--[69261-??] that may help. Cannot believe the TCM would cause the noises you describe, maybe transfer case problem.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Moved to Trans-- truck at the dealer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts