Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that GM supplies all Duramax parts to the military first. And that's why I have to wait almost a week while my truck sits at the dealer waiting for injectors.:mad:

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I never heard that before, i dont even know what vehicals the dmax would be in. I think the military hummer still uses a version of the 6.5!

·
Registered
100 Posts
i dont know about the dmax itself but i know they use the allison tranny in slot of the tanks and off-road trucks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the excuse that I keep getting. I am so mad right now. This is my first Duramax and everything was good for a while until the a/c started blowing (make you want to puke) hot air out the drivers side and cold air out the passenger side $ 450.00 for used control module. And the steering shaft started making noise $ 250.00 for replacement. They are a GM problem but no recall issued. Had to rebuild the front end and now new injectors all in a month. What's next!!!!!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Are they going to be replacing the injectors for free? I am assuming you have the LB7 engine right? As far as getting parts to the military first, I haven't heard that excuse either.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's on GM's tab I just have to pay the 100.00 dollar deductible. And it's an LLY. Everybody keeps telling me it's weird to replace the injectors in an LLY. Maybe it's not the problem. Because I figured if it's injectors it would run rough all the time. But that's the code they got.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I hope it all works out

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
They would not tell me the price of the injectors. And I am scared to ask.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That steering shaft you were talking about......was it making a very slight rattle that you could feel in the steering wheel??

·
Registered
14 Posts
My steering shaft makes a rattle on a bumpy surface as well (05 crew lly 4x4 28000 miles). My wifes tahoe does the same thing 19000 miles but not near as bad and loud as mine. What's up with this?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes it's nothing that will cause you to get into an accident. But it's irritating I know. According to the dealer it's a defect in the steering shaft that has to do with the collar at the slip on the shaft. Warranty will cover it but I had to pay 250.00 for parts and labor because mine was out of warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am taking mine in, in the morning because the lights stay on all the time when in auto position, even on bright and sunny days, so I will tell them about that and see if they fix that as well. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Theres a wack of injectors in Canada for that motor but not many for the LB7 Tell your dealer to source out Toronto dealers.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
It's on GM's tab I just have to pay the 100.00 dollar deductible. And it's an LLY. Everybody keeps telling me it's weird to replace the injectors in an LLY. Maybe it's not the problem. Because I figured if it's injectors it would run rough all the time. But that's the code they got.

Are they replacing all 8 or just a couple of them. LLY injectors are easier to change and can be replaced one at a time. You might want to have the dealer look at the #2 and #7 injector harness. It has been known to chafe and give indications of failing injectors too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They said all eight. I know all eight are not bad. But whatever. I will mention the harness to them thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am taking mine in, in the morning because the lights stay on all the time when in auto position, even on bright and sunny days, so I will tell them about that and see if they fix that as well. Thanks for the reply.
Are you talking about the DRL ( Daytime Running Lights) or the headlights. The headlight sensor is in the center of the dash close to the windshield. Do you have something covering it? If so, the sensor will think it's dark and activate the headlights. The dealerships are changing the steering shafts under warranty (<36K miles). If your out of warranty, you can grease the splines on the slip shalf and that will stop the steering shaft rattle.

·
Registered
129 Posts
sorry diddnt see the sensor was commented. Dumb me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
DRL Steering shaft

The dealership replaced the steering collum and ordered and replaced the drl sensor. It was out, causing all lights to stay on. Thank goodness all under warranty. Thanks for all the help guys.
Regards
White Rhino

1 - 19 of 19 Posts