Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I currently own a '02 f350 but after hearing so many good things about the duramaxes im thinking about moving over to the duramax, ive never really like fords that much. I was just curious what 1/4 mile times i could see out of a 01-04 duramax with just the basic mods (chip, exhaust, intake). I just want to have an idea of what i would have to start with.

Thanks a lot,
Scott

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
IIRC, you could get a stock truck with only a chip to run mid to high 14s. I think bone stock they run around mid to upper 16s. Not 100% sure, but I think it can be done with very little upgrades. You will like the power and tranny on the GMs. I have driven my friend's 03 F350 and there is no comparison.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Depends on if you want to upgrade a transmission or not. If so, you could eventually get into the 12s on stock charger and injectors (not necessarily easy but rather do-able from what I understand). If you don't want to upgrade your trans. I wouldn't look for much better than high 13s. Even then, you'll be making enough power to sorely hurt the trans. in the long run at which point you'll have to rebuild/upgrade the trans whether you planned to or not. ;)

C-ya

1 - 3 of 3 Posts