Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Duramax problems!!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jake707 
#1 ·
Sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask for help delete it if I’m in the wrong section but I’m having some issues hoping someone can give me some insight

I’m new to trucks especially Diesels I recently picked up a 2007.5 GMC Sierra 2500hd duramax the truck has 252,xxx miles when I got it I knew something didn’t feel right about the truck I took it to a shop and had them diagnostic the truck they told me my DPF was clogged severely and I would also need a new turbo they quoted me a hefty number that I just couldn’t afford I have a friend who’s a Diesel mechanic at universal studios in Hollywood ca and told him the issues we went ahead and got my turbo rebuilt the vein had a crack in it I replaced all the necessary gaskets o rings and metal fittings then I got a remanufactured DPF put it all back together the first day felt pretty good no codes I only put 20 miles on it the next day I turned it on stated driving 10 min later I got a check engine light and reduced engine power warning I took it back to the exhaust shop and the Remanufactured remanufactured DPF was already clogged! I don’t know how that’s even possible! When they took it off he also realized the cat had been previously cutted out im in desperate need of help I don’t want to throw anymore parts at it!!!!! Thank you

#2 ·
Sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask for help delete it if I’m in the wrong section but I’m having some issues hoping someone can give me some insight

I’m new to trucks especially Diesels I recently picked up a 2007.5 GMC Sierra 2500hd duramax the truck has 252,xxx miles when I got it I knew something didn’t feel right about the truck I took it to a shop and had them diagnostic the truck they told me my DPF was clogged severely and I would also need a new turbo they quoted me a hefty number that I just couldn’t afford I have a friend who’s a Diesel mechanic at universal studios in Hollywood ca and told him the issues we went ahead and got my turbo rebuilt the vein had a crack in it I replaced all the necessary gaskets o rings and metal fittings then I got a remanufactured DPF put it all back together the first day felt pretty good no codes I only put 20 miles on it the next day I turned it on stated driving 10 min later I got a check engine light and reduced engine power warning I took it back to the exhaust shop and the Remanufactured remanufactured DPF was already clogged! I don’t know how that’s even possible! When they took it off he also realized the cat had been previously cutted out im in desperate need of help I don’t want to throw anymore parts at it!!!!! Thank you
The codes it was throwing the day after we repaired everything was p2463 and p244b

#4 ·
As far as yoru CAT goes if it has been gutted you will not pass the emissions in CA. You will have to replace that CAT. The factory unit is near $1000 but an aftermarket CAT can be had for much less.

This link will help you find one that will work for you:

This link will help you with maintaining that wonderful pulling machine you just purchased:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.