Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
try getting us a link so that we don't have to be registered members ;)

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Im a reg. member there, What a joke, One bad dmax and the dodge guys have to be all over it to make them feel better because there scared of what the gm are gonna bring on 07!!!!!

21,000 lbs can a psd tow that much?

Oh yeah look whos leading the dodge rights march to!

Dont get me wrong the cummins is a great engine but i just dont like the attitude you have to have to own one!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The LLY trucks did have an overheating issue didn't they? Did they get it fixed with the LBZ? I know I have a customer who has this overheating issue with no trailer and I really don't know what to tell him. Short of trying to pull and replace the intercooler and radiator for better units. Ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
484 Posts
There are some LLY's that have habitual OH problems, not all of them though!

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Yeah some were bad overheaters, i have never seen one in person but as far as i know the only proven fix is the addition of another small radiator to increase the cooling system capacity! small things lke open exhaust, blocking egr valve, adding boost and open air intake help some but arent a sure fix!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'll pull that PS backwards, and laugh at a dodge as i pass it. HAHAHAHA i've owned a dodge i know what it has. alot when you spend ALOT of MONEY on it. mine dynoed 500/1000 but i had about $6000 in it F**K THAT

·
Registered
21 Posts
More brand flamers here? I thought Dodge guys were bad...
NEVER!,not once had a Durmax pass me pulling anything....
21k? no sweat.
But I'd still like to have one of ya'alls smooth riding trucks!
I'm hopeing that it'll be more reliable than this dodge.
I love the engine(less VP-44),tranny and brakes,its the rest of the truck that needs help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am a newbie so take this for what it is worth.

Why in the hell would you come to a Duramax Forum and flame them? Dude do you have anything productive to add for us?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am a newbie so take this for what it is worth.

Why in the hell would you come to a Duramax Forum and flame them? Dude do you have anything productive to add for us?
Dude I aint the one flaming..why would dodge be scared what GM is bringing?
What dodge needs to do is try and compete.
I do and don't love my dodge.
I'll tell ya,the Dodge I have now is my first and last.
I'm here to learn about any trouble you all have,so as to not make the mistake I did when I bought this thing.
That ford lover did start this....:D
As to why I'd flame them..dunno seems like a counter productive move to me,maybe I was misunderstood.:cool

·
Registered
134 Posts
this is all bullshit, they all have there goods and bads. Dodge has the motor, Ford has THE TRUCK, and Chevy has the luxurious interior and the tranny. It's hard to argue that in my opinon but hey DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS.

·
Registered
132 Posts
yeah i agree, we had a ford psd f350(piece of junk) we had to trade in. me and my dad both have duramaxs and they haven't had anything wrong with them, my neighbor and his 2 sons all have cummins and 2 of the 3 haven't had any problems, and i know ppl that swear by the powerstoke, so its basically your experience and your preference

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah i agree, we had a ford psd f350(piece of junk) we had to trade in. me and my dad both have duramaxs and they haven't had anything wrong with them, my neighbor and his 2 sons all have cummins and 2 of the 3 haven't had any problems, and i know ppl that swear by the powerstoke, so its basically your experience and your preference
I was hopeing this dang truck I bought would be one of those 2..rather than the other one:confused:
But anyways,I wasn't trying to cut the D-Max down,and after all the trouble I've had with this cummins I aint sure they are that great...there is something about em' (noise probably)
I'm not sure what I want next but this thing is KILLING ME!
Other than the harsh ride and the fact it's not dependable its great...:tease

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well my two cents worth is this, we traded off our '05 LLY for our '07 LBZ simply because with 20000 miles on the '05, I was traveling on I-80 from wells nevada on a steep climb called emigrant pass when my father in-law pulled around us in his new (720 miles) '07 LBZ dually, not only did he crest the summit 15 mph faster than us but he got 2 mpg better economy doing it !!! we both pull 32' fifth wheels and his is an older model that weighs about 1000 lbs more, the only problem with the '05 that we had, other than the lack of an extra overdrive gear, was the clutch fan engaged about every 5 minutes no matter what load or speed we went, not a real problem and never overheated, but listening to that farging fan was annoying!! little brother in-law has an '06 3500 srw CTD mega cab, six speed manual, ram that can't keep up with the d-max's (LLY or especially LBZ) in any category except rear seat leg room, riding in that dodge makes your kidneys want to jump out and walk home, pure torture!! and as for the PSD's, all the experiences I have had with them is through work and friends, the 7.3 was a Pretty Stout Diesel, aside from a few injector and electrical problems they were/are one fine machine!! the 6.0 on the other hand was a Poor Substitute Diesel! it was a failure from day one, the techs at the local ford dealership refer to the 6.0 a the time bomb! they hate them! nothing like a P.O.S that you have to lift the body off the frame to try to make your flat rate pay, so thats my two cents!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well my two cents worth is this, we traded off our '05 LLY for our '07 LBZ simply because with 20000 miles on the '05, I was traveling on I-80 from wells nevada on a steep climb called emigrant pass when my father in-law pulled around us in his new (720 miles) '07 LBZ dually, not only did he crest the summit 15 mph faster than us but he got 2 mpg better economy doing it !!! we both pull 32' fifth wheels and his is an older model that weighs about 1000 lbs more, the only problem with the '05 that we had, other than the lack of an extra overdrive gear, was the clutch fan engaged about every 5 minutes no matter what load or speed we went, not a real problem and never overheated, but listening to that farging fan was annoying!! little brother in-law has an '06 3500 srw CTD mega cab, six speed manual, ram that can't keep up with the d-max's (LLY or especially LBZ) in any category except rear seat leg room, riding in that dodge makes your kidneys want to jump out and walk home, pure torture!! and as for the PSD's, all the experiences I have had with them is through work and friends, the 7.3 was a Pretty Stout Diesel, aside from a few injector and electrical problems they were/are one fine machine!! the 6.0 on the other hand was a Poor Substitute Diesel! it was a failure from day one, the techs at the local ford dealership refer to the 6.0 a the time bomb! they hate them! nothing like a P.O.S that you have to lift the body off the frame to try to make your flat rate pay, so thats my two cents!
Yeah,the ride could not be much rougher in this thing,and I'd not take a 6.0Stroker for anything.
I put about 5k on my truck in a busy week so the comfort is a factor I had not factored correctly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Instead of rewriting it all...
They all have there goods and bads. Dodge has the motorMaybe not so much anymore - duramax is a huge contender and twins for the pstrokes are comin out so you can up the ante quite a bit., Ford has THE TRUCKand shares the luxurious interior with, Chevy. If you're talking stock tranny the Tqshift is the best imo, ally a close second and dodge is wayyyy back there. Of course you go adding any power you better build that puppy up so the tranny issue goes away. It's hard to argue that in my opinon but hey DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS.Well put

riding in that dodge makes your kidneys want to jump out and walk home, pure torture!!I don't really think they're THAT bad and as for the PSD's, all the experiences I have had with them is through work and friends, the 7.3 was a Pretty Stout Diesel, aside from a few injector and electrical problemsthe 6.0 had the injector/electrical problems - in 03-04 they were/are one fine machine!! the 6.0 on the other hand was a Poor Substitute Diesel05+ seem pretty rock solid! it was a failure from day one, the techs at the local ford dealership refer to the 6.0 a the time bomb!All of the new diesels except for the Cummins aren't expected to have such longevity that diesels are typically known for. So what constitutes a time bomb? they hate them! nothing like a P.O.S that you have to lift the body off the frame to try to make your flat rate pay, so thats my two cents!can't wait till you see how easy it is to lift the body off the 08+'s :rockin :cool:
I own a Ford 7.3. I'd drive a Duramax now though since my use for my truck has changed since I got it. I still wouldn't like owning a Dodge.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i think fords interior sucks a big one and always has plus they have nothing for a radio as far as chevy BOSE and dodge INFINITY.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts