Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to side pipe my truck but it looks like to me that you cant run a muffler if somebody could post pics this exhaust set-up i would really like to see it!!
Tom

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
THere are a few pics in my garage, ill take a few more and post them up though as it now has a muffler in it. I used a Borla pro sportsman 4" SS muffler( $190 from summit), it still is loud but no where near as loud as it was without it!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would like to see the pics whenever you get a chance to post them thanks for the reply and by the way would a 5" side pipe fit with a muffler?

·
3,162 Posts
you could probally go 5" after torsion bar crossmember, i have my muffler right befor it. Mine being a reg cab i dont have any room after the crossmember for the muffler if you have a CC you would probally have room to fit it after the crossmember!

·
Registered
484 Posts
You can't start with 5" until after the torsion bar crossmember, there isn't enough clearence.

·
3,162 Posts
No Prob, THe system consist of a MBRP front pipe cut just behind the tranny hanger, the borla 4" muffler, two 4"45's cut and welded to give it 5"s if drop IIRC, a 60* elbo and about 1.5' of pipe to get it out the side, Gibson tip optional!!!!!

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Need advice on this issue....

here ya go!
Hey OB1,,I wanted to shorten mine like this,but my exhaust guy[real good to me]says it will blacken the side of the truck,or underneath :confused:where I orig wanted to put it.My question,,,he is a fab wiz,it is their fam business..Any ideads or angles I can turn down/shorten pipe without sooting up my ride???:eek:Any ideas would be really helpful..P.S. I am already straight piped[no cat/muff] on the fact diameter pipe..Thanks if ya have any solutions...:):D

·
Registered
929 Posts
There is another guy that has a white crew cab NBS that is lifted that has a side exit exhaust. Maybe he will chime in!!!

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
There is another guy that has a white crew cab NBS that is lifted that has a side exit exhaust. Maybe he will chime in!!!
I hope so...Need ideas..:drink

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
3,162 Posts
I only get soot on my wheel and tip of the bumper, but again i dont drive around blowing smoke all the time either, If im feeling in a hot rod mood and blowing some smoke it will turn the wheel black in about 5 miles. Then again having a stick and lots of fuel i can really make er smoke more than any auto truck can!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is exactly what we wanna do with our 3500 cc dually 4x4. Does anyone make a kit like that? Or would we have to buy a bunch of different components and built it in the shop.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is exactly what we wanna do with our 3500 cc dually 4x4. Does anyone make a kit like that? Or would we have to buy a bunch of different components and built it in the shop.
If you take it to any decent exhaust shop, they should be able to do it for you, providing you don't want to go over 4". Most shops can't mandrel bend 5".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts