Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy is GM stupid. When they do come out with one it will probably be a detuned one like they put in their vans. I wrote to Bob Lutz at GM two weeks ago and he still hasn't responded. They have NO towing motors for the 3/4 and one ton Burbons the big dummies.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I encourage everyone to call Robert Lutz (he should go by Bob Klutz) at 313 556 6500. They will ask you to fax him first which I did and ask why they have no diesl for a big gas guzzler like a Burbon but they have the powertrain for the p/u's. I hope Kirkorian parts out the company as it deserves to go out of business. I'm no Ford fan but the Mustang went from the drawing board to the street in no time. GM is a dinosaur that needs to die.

Sofa King

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
This is a question I have been asking for years. Ever since the Dmax was released I wondered when they would mount in a 3/4 ton suburban. With the popularity of the Excursion, GM basically handed that market to Ford.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I heard a rumor of '09 it is comming?

I grew up with GM and Deisel as my old man was an Engneer at DDA. Recently my family needs changed to needing a 7 psng, kids + friends, 4x4, and wanted the best fuel econony as possiable. Also need to tow around 6k lb of boat every so often, so though.. hey how about a 2-3 yr old burb deisel... look around and WTF... GM has no Deisel burb out there?

A silly question based on a fause premise...
If the duramax was in the burb, and some modest mods made, intake, exaust, chip, with normal hwy miles what do you think you could tweek the mpg up to?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
If the frame could stand up to the 6.6 V8...(I don't know much about that aspect)...I would say with the lighter setup you could easily get 19-20 city and about 25-27 highway....that's my thoughts anyways. And I did hear that GM is making a 1500 with a diesel in 09 that will get around 30MPG. Not sure how true that is...but who knows?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
wasnt the suburban in one of the diesel magazines?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts