Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 3500 last week. I can't find the Duramax Supplemental Manual anywhere? Anybody know where to find it?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been looking and I do not see it online. I actual prefer the manual in a PDF format. I'm a digital guy. I can then read it on my iPhone or iPad.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is Tapatalk Pro?

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I've been looking and I do not see it online. I actual prefer the manual in a PDF format. I'm a digital guy. I can then read it on my iPhone or iPad.
It's definitely was on the gm websites. (that's where i got mine:smile2:)

Should still be able to get pdf's for many prior year models as well.

Look in the 'owners' pull down at gmc or chev websites.

·
Registered
157 Posts
What is Tapatalk Pro?

It is an app you can read forums and reply on them, I got the pro version cause it was like 3 bucks, so I thought why not. To find the duramax supplement online, look up gmc owners manuals on google, it should lead you to the website then find sierra hd 2017/2018, there should be a duramax supplement, and a regular owners manual, and there you go, they pull up as pdfs, save them to your google drive, works great.(I have a gmc so this is the only way I know, but the duramax supplements are the exact same)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Registered as a 2011 Chevy Express 4500 Arboc Mobility Mini Bus 12pass + driver (159WB) 6.6L LGH Diesel
2010 chassis(per the VIN number)
So, I need 2 2010 manuals:
- Owner's manual for a 2010 Chevy Express 4500
- Diesel Supplement manual
. for that year and engine type

In many of the 'SELECT Model' dropdowns the Express does not even show up.
In others it calls it a ... commercial cutaway (Don't know if that is the one to select, but that resulted in no 2010 manual)!

I have circled thru the Chevrolet site and GMC site stated in this thread and got nothing but the run-around.
Umpteen owner's manuals links sent me to useless pages, or did nothing, or showed me manuals that are not of the year I typed-in or did not offer but years 2019 and 2018(useless to me)

All it did is keep enticing me to open an account the my.chevrolet.com web site to get information.
I opened an account... still the links send me to the same useless pages that I visited without an account.

...and the Diesel Supplement no-where mentioned!

hands up in the air!

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Not sure if you can get a supplement for the engine in a commercial truck-- I didn't get one with the 2019 4500HD I got and asked about it.. They don't provide one for that engine. The commercial engines are different than the regular production units although I don't think there are enough differences to matter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If it helps you out, I can upload the '17 2500 pdf version if you want it. Let me know and I will post a link.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Not sure if you can get a supplement for the engine in a commercial truck-- I didn't get one with the 2019 4500HD I got and asked about it.. They don't provide one for that engine. The commercial engines are different than the regular production units although I don't think there are enough differences to matter.
Does it have the L5D engine info in the regular operators manual?

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Some of it like filter p/n's but those are incorrect. It does have the info on manual regens and liquid quantities

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions
To make this post short I am not answering each person, just providing info that should self-answer anyone.

I did find a 2010 Owner Manual but it is for a VAN so not a perfect match, but at least valuable.

I have snooped around and found some good info for the LGH Diesel...(and all DURAMAX Diesels)
I hope I am allowed to post a link, if fails just search for duramaxhub dot com
6.6L Duramax LML Specs & Information

GO TO the LML (above link) and click the LGH in the side navigator.
Read the first paragraph at top of page and see my rig: Chevrolet Express 3500/4500 <--
This 4500 Express is a commercial cutaway type. (incomplete vehicle to build Ambulances, Buses, etc...)
Mine is mini-bus I am converting to a motor-home.

If you peruse thru that site, you can see it shows liquid quantities, etc... and a lot more.

·
Premium Member
4,538 Posts
To make this post short I am not answering each person, just providing info that should self-answer anyone.

I did find a 2010 Owner Manual but it is for a VAN so not a perfect match, but at least valuable.

I have snooped around and found some good info for the LGH Diesel...(and all DURAMAX Diesels)

Read the first paragraph at top of page and see my rig: Chevrolet Express 3500/4500 <--
This 4500 Express is a commercial cutaway type. (incomplete vehicle to build Ambulances, Buses, etc...)

If you peruse thru that site, you can see it shows liquid quantities, etc... and a lot more.
Interesting project.................show us pictures, start with as bought and show yoru progress, LOTS of us will be interested in seeig it become a reality for you, and vicariously for the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
4,538 Posts

Here is your diesel supplement:

And here is your 2010 Express Owners Manual

·
Premium Member
4,538 Posts
I know you have an 18 but here is one for a 2019, can't be much difference

Or here is a full set of manuals for an 18 with case for slightly more money

1 - 18 of 18 Posts