Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m currently working on my big tire 73’ camaro project. Original plan was to build a BBC for it but I magically stumbled upon a low mileage LLY all the way out here in Hawaii. I got the whole truck with a service bed on it for $3500 because it was back taxed on its registration. I’m a diesel mechanic by trade and currently own 2 other dmax’s so it was a no brainer to throw that BBC idea out the window. My only dilemma‘s at the moment is how should a do the engine mounts? Should I stick to the Allison? And how would I route the belt without a/c and power steering? I couldn’t find someone that made a mid plate or front plate for the engine so I was thinking of revamping the stock engine mount location and using the merchant auto mounts. For the trans a have two spare 2wd Allison 1000’s one 5 speed and one 6 but I also have a built powerglide sitting on the side that was originally gonna go in the car. And last but not least, if I’m gonna do away with the a/c and PS I’m gonna have to make an idler somewhere on the drivers side or should I just run dual CP3’s to mitigate that problem? My brain is going banana’s and any insight would be gladly appreciated! Mahalo everyone!

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
It seems to me you will also have to plan on some much heavier front suspension to handle the 100s of pounds additional weight of that diesel engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the way I have it set up now will work ok. I have a Chris Alston connected sub frame that the roll cage is tied into with tubular A-arms and QA1 adjustable coil overs. A BBC is 650lbs dressed and a duramax is 850lbs. I’ll try and sit the motor in and adjust from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I Dont think I can install my 1996 dodge ram cummins 6bt turbo 12 value in thats weighs over 1100 pounds in an camaro body. Big block chevy weighs like 700 or 800 pounds. I think its to tall and ordor to install in an 73 thru 87 chevy truck you need you raise the cab up two inches from frame.
Kodi Lucky Patcher nox

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Have you measured the height of the engine. I'm not sure you can get it under the Camaro's hood without an oil pan change and possibly moving the turbo. We can help with both of those.

As far as the front and mid plate we can do them too.

I 'm also pretty sure you can't get the Allison under there. Might go with the Duramax van 4l85e. They have hardened shafts. I have one of those too for sale. LOL!

Let me know if we can help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the way I have it set up now will work ok. I have a Chris Alston connected sub frame that the roll cage is tied into with tubular A-arms and QA1 adjustable coil overs. A BBC is 650lbs dressed and a duramax is 850lbs. I’ll try and sit the motor in and adjust from there.

death moto 3 mod apk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts