1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
I'm That Guy...
16,684 Posts
PM Nick or Bob at Duramax Tuner or one of the Meyer Performance guys..

This is an EFI Live AutoCal, it's a great alternative option for MOST EFI Live users. It gives functionality for data logging and flashing tunes, but doesn't give access for modifying tunes which the average user doesn't need to do.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,684 Posts
DOes this work like a canned tuner?
Contact them to verify, but my understanding is it works like a v2, except it has your tune stored on it for flashing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Will this be available for LLY any time soon??

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,381 Posts
Hey Tyler does this spade unit swap your stock tune with the EFI Live tunes? I really like the options this offers. The only thing is I need to be able to flash my truck back to stock and run it with the DPF for smog checks. Also I hardly ever tow so I really don't need two tow tunes can I get the "Jack" tunes changed to my needs?

Thanks...

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,381 Posts
Sounds Great. Can I change the two tow tunes it comes with as I don't really need them. Very interested, can you shoot me a PM with a price shipped to 89002. Thanks.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
You don't want the Juice, just the CTS monitor.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You don't want the Juice, just the CTS monitor.
Ok. The cheapest spade is 700 plus 400 for the monitor. Thats 1100. There is a good chance for me to get the edge for 5-600 brand new. This is the one that lists for 1k. So this comparison is the highest priced edge vs the lowest price spade. Is the spade set up worth the extra coin? I don't plan on beefing up the tranny until it dies, and don't plan on using the higher hp tunes. Simply looking at the cost. Tuner and exhaust are the only performance mods I plan on doing.

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,381 Posts
Do yourself a favor and go with EFI LIVE over the Edge. Not saying the Edge is bad, I have it the Edge CTS Race and like it but everyone eventually gets EFI LIVE down the road. Just do a search on this subject, everyone eventually goes to the dark side!
I will be getting the SPADE next week from Tyler.

Get the SPADE and the Edge Insight with the EGT probe......

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Ok. The cheapest spade is 700 plus 400 for the monitor. Thats 1100. There is a good chance for me to get the edge for 5-600 brand new. This is the one that lists for 1k. So this comparison is the highest priced edge vs the lowest price spade. Is the spade set up worth the extra coin? I don't plan on beefing up the tranny until it dies, and don't plan on using the higher hp tunes. Simply looking at the cost. Tuner and exhaust are the only performance mods I plan on doing.
You might be better off with a pre-tuned ECM and some regular gauges. The CTS is nice but you dont really need to monitor all that stuff if you're not gonna be pushing the truck.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i have the edge cts race and love the unit and the power but thinking about getting the spade.
I dont plan to change any thing on the truck except for the exhaust so wondering if i need to go with efi live.
I dont push the truck hard but pull trailers all the time ranging from 3k upto 17k normally not too far but wondering if the efi tune will be better for the truck, seems like the edge runs kind of warm on the exhaust temps and wondering if the spade is that much better than the edge running on level 2.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts