Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After viewing a couple Build threads I thought it would be a cool idea to start one to keep track of things.

Specs on Destiny:
2019 Silverado 2500HD L5P
SRW, CCSB, 4WD, LT
Custom sport package
Black leather bench seats

Took delivery of her on January 31st.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Added 5 gallons DEF yesterday, DIC showed 23% remaining. Truck mileage was 1146, assuming dealership never topped it off from the factory. Interested to see how long it goes, probably will wait for 20% then fill up with 5 gallons from the pump instead of the jug since its like 1/3 the cost.

Removed the AM/FM radio antenna, still no solution decided on. 98% confident the Escalade cowl piece(no hole) will not fit from pictures.

Ordered white door handles off Ebay today, should be here next week. Ad said new so got my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock street tires are not for me. Was able to swap them with a neighbor(strange guy wanted quieter smoother riding tires) for some Atturo Trail Blade XTs size 33x12.5

Should hold me over for a year or two before lift and bigger tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,853 Posts
Looks nice

Reactions: Duramax_in_SC

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got a new antenna installed. Decided to go with AntennaMastsRus 7" short antenna from amazon. So far I'm a little disappointed, ad said it's for my truck but it only is if you use the 1.25" adapter that comes with it. Just don't like how the base looks as the adapter is round when the base of the antenna is not, they don't mesh well.

I don't listen to much AM/FM so reception isn't a huge concern but I'm gonna try to listen to some in the next few days to see how much of a difference is.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Antenna base doesn't actually look that bad from a distance...short and stubby antenna with a stocky base...

Truck looks good...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Antenna base doesn't actually look that bad from a distance...short and stubby antenna with a stocky base...

Truck looks good...
Yeah I'm assuming it won't bother me much now that it's on, like you said not really noticeable from a distance. Just a big disappointment during the install. Opened the package and was like why is there an adapter, sure it won't be for my truck. GrrRRrr

Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got around to installing the door handles this weekend. Pretty straight forward install. Of course my dumbass backed out one of the screws too far and the nut dropped into the door so the install basically doubled in time and fun when i had to take the door panel off.

Looks 100% better now.

Next up is hopefully removing the door molding and the emblems on the tailgate.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AM/FM has been great with the new antenna. Haven't noticed any issues reception problems with all the major radio stations around here.

I also have ordered the following parts(to be here Thursday):
Black mirror caps
Overhead console with homelink
Carhartt rear door covers(shown below)

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tow mirror lights have arrived. Good to see some quality customer service is still out there. Fast shipment and some goodies in the box. Thanks to Boost auto parts. Needed that since I have been so frustrated with FedEx, my other package(mirror caps, homelink console, door panel covers) is out for deliver for the 3rd straight day with no attempt to deliver the previous 2 days.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Really like the antenna conversion. I've been waiting for someone else to do it to see how difficult it is lol.

How involved is the install?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really like the antenna conversion. I've been waiting for someone else to do it to see how difficult it is lol.

How involved is the install?
About as involved as changing a light bulb(minus the ladder). Screw off old, screw on new. I had no regard for the stock one so I used some channel locks to remove which took some paint with it. I only hand tightened the new one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Great. Thank you, sir. I think one of those may be in my future. Don't really care for the stock one. I don't know why I don't like it, but I don't lol.

I do listen to quite a bit of local AM radio, but you say it hasn't had an effect on your over the air signal?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great. Thank you, sir. I think one of those may be in my future. Don't really care for the stock one. I don't know why I don't like it, but I don't lol.

I do listen to quite a bit of local AM radio, but you say it hasn't had an effect on your over the air signal?
I haven't tried any AM stations as it's very rare for me to listen to them. The local FM stations have no issues coming in clear tho.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Ten fer. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts