Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1108 Posts

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I believe it's time to start a good ol' build thread. Nothing to crazy yet but I think some of you that don't know me will get a kick out of the path I've chosen to go down.

I bought this truck in 09 with 74k for 18,500 in California. It's an 03 LB7 and yup you guessed it Cali emissions.

This it the "oldest" pic I have at the dunes after I buried it to the frame. Had a banks monster exhaust, 4" rancho lift and a wonderful edge juice with so much attitude! I had already installed the tow mirrors at this point.

This was after installing a 1" add a leaf in the rear.

Had to buy new tires... Expensive!

Decided it was time to level my mirrors, still one of my favorite mods! Think I did the all-on-mod at the same time.

After that I think I installed my raptor 150, did a write up on it on here, not a bad job if I do say so myself. installed my UDP CAT adaptor too :) Also removed my steps but those went back on when Jamie my fiancée was jumping in an out lol

Did some custom work with the spray paint lol intake, cold side IC pipe, front lift pieces.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is where people start calling me crazy... I decided I needed some traction bars but didn't want what everyone else has. I also decided I didn't want a "lifted" truck anymore.

People always tell me it looks good now but looked better lifted... You can give me your opinion.

Lowered the torsion bars all the way, took the lift blocks out, got new u-bolts and installed sleeves. Went with 305/50r20 nitto 420s easily the best tire I have ever owned. Still have long shocks in but the ride isn't bad at all.

The exhaust looks like poop in this pic.

I ran a 14.2 in woodburn OR. On robs 110 tune. Not horrible but not that good. My truck next to Dustin's Blackout.

Somewhere along the line I sold my glowshift gauges and got some Autometer phantom 2s and put some white gauge faces on my cluster, I love that it all matches!

More to come when I get time lol

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
in for more pics.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Suuuubbbbbeeeddddd! What offset and wheel size are those? Do they rub? I'm eventually going to get 20's and 305/50 420's. Mine are way too small. I wish I could stuff 20x12's being lowered but I don't want to hack it to hell and back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
700 Posts

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I then moved to Arizona, where I met most of my current friends :thumb

And this was me all loaded up about to make the trip to AZ! Truck did amazing the whole way here! Looked like the Beverly Hillbillies :)

Once I was here (in AZ) I went to the track a few times and ran my best pass to date at speedworld. 13.89 but this time I was on robs 150 tune
I have a video of me beating my buddies SS silverado.

Duramax vs Tuned SS Silverado - YouTube

So after months of "knowing my injectors were going" I decided to bite the bullet and get some 45 overs from Brent at LDS (amazing guy and great customer service) I don't have many pics of the install but I can say I had over a gallon of diesel fuel in my block..... No cracked pistons and I still have cross hatching :thumb

After the install I drove 7 miles home from my buddies and realize something was very wrong. I didn't reseal the cups... One pushed and started puking coolant into the block and killed one of my new injectors.

Brent was kind enough to get me a new injector, so I tore it all back apart and did them a second time... Pain in my ass!

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Suuuubbbbbeeeddddd! What offset and wheel size are those? Do they rub? I'm eventually going to get 20's and 305/50 420's. Mine are way too small. I wish I could stuff 20x12's being lowered but I don't want to hack it to hell and back.

I'm not sure the specs on the wheels, they were on it when I bought the truck, 20x9 I guess. There weld commandos and there discontinued so who knows lol, they do not rub at all. I'm sure you could get 20x12s under there lol.

In for pics. Looking good man!
I like the looks either way man

Thanks guys! I appreciate it there more so stay tuned!

I need to level my mirrors.
Yes you do! Be careful because you'll probably break the plastic cover, look in the second pic it's not there lol I had to glue it on!

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
sub

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By now I've limped my trans like 20 times and I know it's not going to hold power to well. I don't have 5k to pay for mike L to build it right now so ill just upgrade what I can while I'm able to. Here is where "backwards build" comes in. Most people do tunes, trans, injectors, then maybe turbo and call it a day.

I did tunes (twice) then injectors. And I also bought myself a used s400 turbo kit :rof it showed up at my buddies house last week and he brought it over to me last weekend.

Specs: Early EPR kit
Turbo: s464 (64/73 .9ar) polished race cover
3.5" downpipe
5" intake
3" hot side IC pipe
Oil feed/drain lines
Fabricated pedestal and 2" riser.

And I got frisky and installed it on my toolbox :rof that's a 46" tv an the turbo makes it look tiny!

Waiting to get it all powder coated before I install it :) 12s on a stock trans here I come!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks amazing!

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
:thumb Good thread!