Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i put on my emergency brake it doesen't seem to work. how do i fix it? anyone else had this problem? thanx in advance..

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
chances are that you drove the vehicle with the e brake on and burnt the linings of the ebrake personally if it was my rig live with it for close to 350 bucks to fix something trivial as an e brake its not worth it

·
Registered
100 Posts
thats what i thought. thanx for the reply.
I have the same truck and had the same problem. since it has 4-wheel disk brakes there are drum brakes in the rear as well. on the back side of the brake system (inside the wheel) there is a little dust cap (kind of a long oval shape) that you can take out to get to your e-brake adjuster knob. the left side is a little harder to get to but take that cap off and turn that knob about 8 clicks with a small screw driver it should tighten your e-brake. its not that hard or you can have your local brake shop do it. good luck. post of you have any other questions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
how could a lift ruin my ebrake

i had a cheap lift put on a long time ago and the ebrake never worked properly after. i just lived with it. now i have a steep driveway and it will not hold. dealership says it is fine. when i bought the truck the pedel went half way down now it goes all the way to the floor. any advice. thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i dont have a lift on mine but i have a steep driveway too. it freakin sucks, i tryed to adjust it from the back of the hub and worked but went back to normal. i recently replaced the brake hardware for about $35 and it worked perfect and i thought i fixed for the long run but after about 3 weeks of actually using it (which was very nice to have) it slowley went back to the way it was. :mad: i think the design of the whole e-brake system is FUBAR personally. it uses that little spring that goes over the adjusting wheel to keep it adjusted correctly. like thats gonna hold! if anyone knows anything else to try please let me know. thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had them take a look at it while it was in the shop. now it works great. we will se if it lasts. wish i knew what they did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts