Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Waldo
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy swore this was the easiest way to do my heads. He is right.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
good time to put rick's downpipe on too:D

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
that is just insane looking... i wish I had a lift

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
with the fords it is but not the chevys. i just took off the front clip

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Lifting the cab isnt bad if the truck is stock, BUT its a PITA if there are aftermarket gauges/wiring/etc... Also have to deal with the AC lines and stuff. Finally, its difficult to get the brakes bled properly after re-connecting the brake lines if you dont have a Tech 2 to do the EBCM automated bleed.

IMO, its easiest to pull the motor.

·
Waldo
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lifting the cab isnt bad if the truck is stock, BUT its a PITA if there are aftermarket gauges/wiring/etc... Also have to deal with the AC lines and stuff. Finally, its difficult to get the brakes bled properly after re-connecting the brake lines if you dont have a Tech 2 to do the EBCM automated bleed.

IMO, its easiest to pull the motor.[/QUOTE
He's a full service body shop. I've got access to everything, its nice having it. :drink

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
its way over kill to lift the cab.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
maybe on Chevy's,..but it's easy on Fords,..a decent mechanic can have the cab off in under an hour
yeah but like I said, provided you dont have all sorts of aftermarket crap in the way.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The cabs on both the chevs and fords are pressty easy to lift. Makes life real nice when the engine is right in front of you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts