Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I’m new to the forum and was curious if any of you have had any issues with the screen blacking out on any of your 360 cameras? Seems intermittent and they work again after vehicle is restarted. Did a little trouble shooting last night when the front camera blacked out by disconnecting that front camera (easy access under hood driver side) and reconnecting. Camera came back on for a few seconds then went fuzzy before blacking out again. I decided to leave front camera disconnected to see if the side cameras function properly without front tied in

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello. I’m new to the forum and was curious if any of you have had any issues with the screen blacking out on any of your 360 cameras? Seems intermittent and they work again after vehicle is restarted. Did a little trouble shooting last night when the front camera blacked out by disconnecting that front camera (easy access under hood driver side) and reconnecting. Camera came back on for a few seconds then went fuzzy before blacking out again. I decided to leave front camera disconnected to see if the side cameras function properly without front tied in
Update: passenger camera blacked out at lunch time so they appear to be independent failures of the cameras or the brain supplying the power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do not take it to dealer. They will charge you and will not fix the problem. I contacted Dave directory at echomaster and he sent me new harnesses for the doors. It’s a short harness that replaces the bad relays currently installed In each door of your truck. I did it all myself and was fairly simple. Problem fixed, cameras work flawlessly and you will only need to remove the driver and passenger door panels. You tube has a good video for this removal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do not take it to dealer. They will charge you and will not fix the problem. The problem is the resistors in the original harnesses that are bad. I contacted Dave directly at echomaster 1-866-766-2267 and he sent me new quick connect replacement harnesses for the doors. It’s a short harness that replaces the bad resistors currently installed In each door of your truck. Instead of replacing the entire run of cable from behind the stereo to the door cameras you only have to replace the door short quick connect harnesses with the upgraded resistors. I did it all myself and was fairly simple. Problem fixed, cameras work flawlessly and you will only need to remove the driver and passenger door panels. You tube has a good video for this removal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts