Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
03 Silverado 3500 stock
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new to owning a diesel and this forum. Kind of a long post, but I need to get to the bottom of a couple issues.
The 03 Silverado 3500 I recently purchased has issues, but I bought it cheap because I knew it did. First issue I didn't realize is that when I connected my HP Tuners to check fuel pressures, injector balance rates, etc the fuse was blown. Not a big deal, replaced fuse and power was restored to the ODB port. Tried to read vehicle with the editor and I get a boot loader failed message, and the VIN is all messed up (see attached screenshot), and it says it's from an 04. Is it possible that the original ECM was fried from an electrical issue and changed with a cheap one? Is there known wiring issues from ODB port to ECM?
Second issue that I knew was hard cold start and erratic idle. I was able to scan using HP Tuners, which is odd. Fuel rail pressure at idle is jumping between 5-6k, rpm goes from 600-750rpm. It takes about 10 pumps on the filter primer before getting hard, but starts a bit easier when I prime it. No smoke at idle, nor when I drove it home to start diagnosing all I'd need to get it on the road.
All of my research is pointing towards fuel pressure regulator, or injector(s) failed
Any help or experience with the same issues is greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
03 Silverado 3500 stock
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add that there is no gas smell in the oil and no visible leaks either

1 - 2 of 2 Posts