Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past two years I've been using my 2002 Duramax as a farm truck. It's had power issues during that time. When it first happened it was my every day work truck. At the time I had everything checked on, could not get figured out what was wrong with it, but it was ok. Completely suitable for a farm truck. Well I got back home the other day, it was running the same way it's been running for the past two years. I done some minor stuff to it fuel filter, oil, etc. When I went to drive it again it would give absolutely no throttle, tried resetting throttle positioner, no fix. Put the code reader on it, it had 34 issues. I've put it on more than a few times before, and it's only came back with 1 (glow plugs). On the 34 issues over half of them could be related to ECM failure. I think it should be ECM failure, but electronics are so finicky I was hoping that someone could help me decipher if that was the problem or not? Please help, if you have any insight on this. Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It starts fine it just won't give any throttle, well it will kind of coast for like 100ft then it halfway kicks in and goes like 30mph tops. It's been lacking power, but would always get to the speed you need unless you went up a grade or had a load on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.