Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my truck used about 8 months ago and love it. the guy i got it from said it had a programmer on it (he didnt say what kind) about 2 years ago but he took it off . he did not include it when i got my truck and said it isnt in the truck. i have been wanting to put the edge juice with attitude on it and am alittle worried about buying it , and installing it without knowing for sure theres not a tune/progam still in the ecm, cause ive heard stacking tunes is bad on a stock truck. what should i do? is there a way i can get my ecm read to make sure there's not a tune in it? any info would be great,

:neener Thanks Guys !

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The only thing I would know to do is have the dealer flash it back to stock to be sure, or look in to getting efi which most people including me will recommend. A tuner can either send you a tuned ECM, a autocal, or you can get a v2

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alot of people have reccommended efi live but i like all the gauges of the edge and have heard nothing but good things about the juice with attitude. my truck has 222xxx miles on it , ive only put 15xxx miles on it and before me it was used as a work truck so i think its had a hard life. i drive it really easy and dont stomp it to the floorboard everywhere i go . i was just wantin alittle more power out of it and not wanting to blow it up. the injectors were replaced at 125xxx by the dealer. what tunes would be best for me if i went with efi live? why is efi live better than edge?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Your best bet is to get a pre tuned ECM from a tuner. Then get the edge insight cts. It plugs into your obd2 and gives you all the edge gauges.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Because its complete custom to what you want, and if for some reason you wanted to go more you could, the sky's the limit with efi, you could get any tunes you want, economy, tow, valet, 60hp, 80hp and so on, and on the lb7 you can get the edge cts as gauges and use it to switch your efi tunes.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
I would like to know where you herd nothing but good things about the edge. There really isn't much good about them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how would i set up the efi live using the edge insight to control it?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Your tuner would set it up

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
usafrancer : my buddy has the edge on his 98 24v 5spd and on his 99 7.3 auto with 300xxx miles on it and has never had a problem . i also like how the edge is setup so it will shut off if it senses something is about to fail on the truck

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Efi is 1000x better than edge

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does efi re tune or re learn my tranny ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts