Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone out there with the banks economind tuner with the switch not the iq? i just put it in today and have no idea what the settings on it are with the different levels. im sure the higher up the more power. but which one is the recommended towing level and which one is the fuel economy level that they advertise. any help would be great guys.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
It depends if it's a Stinger or PowerPack program. The Stinger will add up to 70 HP and 170lb-ft torque and the PowerPack will add up to 100 HP and 230lb-ft torque. It says you can haul in all levels as it's for towing and hauling but you need a Pyrometer.
So, level 1 will be stock and then you have 5 levels. So if it's the PowerPack, it will be 20HP and 46lb-ft torque each level and the Stinger will be 14HP and 34 lb-ft torque each level.
It's a great safe way to add power. Just make sure you get some guages and keep an eye on the EGTs.

As far as the fuel milage goes, Banks will probably say that level 2 is the best all around fuel economy like they said with the 6-Gun I have, but I have found level 4 has the best for my driving and there's another guy on here that has the 6-gun that get's the best milage with level 5. So it will all depend on the way you drive.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
The SpeedBrake should work with this tuner, but you will have to have the PDA or IQ, I think. You need to speak with Banks for that info. Call their 800 line and ask for Mitch. Tell him Jason Painter from TN sent you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
anyone out there with the banks economind tuner with the switch not the iq? i just put it in today and have no idea what the settings on it are with the different levels. im sure the higher up the more power. but which one is the recommended towing level and which one is the fuel economy level that they advertise. any help would be great guys.
Number 1 on the switch is the normal stock setting of the engine. Each number up adds about 20 HP. I use the number 3setting for towing my fifth whell, and 4 for most other times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts