Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 lmm 2500HD that I bought from my buddy. He had it bone stock and since I bought it I have done some upgrades. One of those included deleting the DPF and running a 5" flo pro exhaust. I got ahold of Idaho Rob (when he was still writing tunes) and had some custom tunes made. I have the dsps 5 switch and normally run 60 econ unless towing. I do believe in the tuning he programmed the EGR valve to stay shut and not open. I have noticed that while normal driving down the FWY, my ECT runs about 170-172 according to the edge incite CTS2. I live in northern CA so the temps do not get very cold, but I noticed it stays there pretty much any outside temp. I was in the snow in traffic and idling it would drop to about 160. Towing a trailer up some decent pulls it comes up to about 210 and stays there. I am wondering if this is normal? My first instinct is that the thermostats are partially stuck open, not allowing the coolant to come up to temp unless under a decent load. However, I also think about it and wonder if being the EGR valve is closed, the coolant isn't circulating past engine gases, therefore not coming up to temp under normal driving conditions. Any help or advice would be awesome. Thank you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts