Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone been successful integrating the Edge CS Juice into the overhead in a 2004.5? I have a first generation Edge currently and have been told it will be difficult to mount the new product line in what was the overhead sunglass holder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, none of the pics show the installation in the overhead sunglass compartment.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hmm I know ive seen the CTS there before. Yours is first generation so its the small silver one correct? Im sure it would fit if the wires reach.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, first generation...The problem as I understand it from talking to Edge is the cable is a larger diameter and now there are 2 of them. It's going to be difficult to make the turn to the headliner.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have mine run up behind the a pillar but not into the headliner. Mounted in the top left corner of the windshield.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes you can mount it up there, and yes the cord does reach without the extender cable. If you use the cs, it fits fine, just need an adapter plate (srll them on ebay for $65). If you want to use a cts, you will need to cut the black plastic insert piece. There is a writeup somewhere on here when it has been done for a cts, will look for it in the morning.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really appreciate the help. I looked at the photo of the install but it looks a little rough and not quite finished enough for me. I will post pic's if I move forward with the new unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts