Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have an LLY, if I get the Edge CTS I do NOT have to install a DSP5 switch. Is that correct? So that means no wires going to the ECM? Everything is done through the OBD2 port correct? I'm wanting to go ahead and get EFI live tuning 5 tunes and am reading up as much as I can on it and have asked a few sponsers questions and have been told they will get back to me but still haven't.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just had the cts and efi live installed at Meyer Performance and fab. It works just like you stated, cts plugs into obdII port and can change tunes as long as they are " serial " . Just tell your tuner u want to use cts insight to change tunes and he will know what to do. This is an awesome set up and glad i finally went to it. You wont be disappointed. You may try Tyler at Meyer Perf. He ordered everything for me over the phone and got it all quick. He uses Nick at duramax tuner for his tunning. Very pleased.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
This is how I switch mine. I had a DSP5 wired first then decided I wanted to get a CTS. It's as simple as changing your tune from hardwired to serial. Only down fall I see to the CTS is that if they're your only gauges, as in my case, If you ever want to data log w/ EFI, you will lose your gauge capabilities. HMMMMMM!! EDGE, are you listening to this. Can you make us a fix?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I wanted to hear. crazycrew, that is a good point about data logging. A simple option would be if Edge or EFI would offer a OBD2 plug that you could piggy back. Like christmas tree lights.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
^ there is a OBDII splitter out there you can buy for less than 20 bucks guys for when if you ever want to data log

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Do a review on that Will, I'm curious of GM can support that many devices through OBD2.

Another note, without the Edge you can't change tunes. For example someone stole your insight.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I might fork out the 16 bucks and see...

EDIT- Damn out of stock

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can't even figure out how to wire my dps knob haha i did the blue one on my lly and it didn't work i think I did the wrong plug lol so maybe it would be easier to use the cts ???

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I don't know why, but my pickup hates the dsp 5 via edge, everytime i tune it for the dsp instead of a single tune i get terrible injector knock, and it scares me so i turn it back to a single tune. plus you can't change as many parameters with the dsp as you can with a single tune. also one more thing, you have to tune your dsp backwards because the edge is retarded and reads dsp1 as dsp5, so everything is reversed.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
I don't know why, but my pickup hates the dsp 5 via edge, everytime i tune it for the dsp instead of a single tune i get terrible injector knock, and it scares me so i turn it back to a single tune. plus you can't change as many parameters with the dsp as you can with a single tune. also one more thing, you have to tune your dsp backwards because the edge is retarded and reads dsp1 as dsp5, so everything is reversed.
You ever run to Rob's and have him see if he has better luck with that knock?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
You ever run to Rob's and have him see if he has better luck with that knock?
No, the shop i get most of my work done @ has some beef with rob,:poke[1]: so i don't want to piss them off cuz they do a pretty good job for most things. But i can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind. :rolleyes:

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
No, the shop i get most of my work done @ has some beef with rob,:poke[1]: so i don't want to piss them off cuz they do a pretty good job for most things. But i can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind. :rolleyes:
Sneak over there, it'll be worth your time IMO.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Reversed???? Um mine aren't reversed... If they are Then my tow tune is really my hot tune and I've been playing on my tow tune and if that's really the power I get from a tow tune then I'm afraid to even try my hot tune

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Another note, without the Edge you can't change tunes. For example someone stole your insight.
In my case, I can switch as I've already had a dsp wired in and was swigging that way before the cts

It's as simple as swapping to hardwired for me:neener

1 - 20 of 26 Posts