Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Diesel Junky
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cts is going crazy, everytime i start it in the morning it goives a warning beep and i have to unplug it then it works, while giving warning beeps almost everytime i stop. updated then reset, then edge said ok will send you a new one. so i ask you gonna give me a refurb, cause i don't want some hand me down. the tech said hold on a minute, then went back and found me a brand new one with the screen cover still on and said alright man you'll have it in four days. just gotta send the bad one back. I must say its a pleasure knowing edge will back up their products. :drink

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think it is something withthe latest update, mine started acting up, warning beep, jumping from analog display to 8 gauge display on its own, all after the last update.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Mine brings up the alarm screen on every startup now and it didnt use to, so I need to update it. But with this info I think Ill wait awhile......

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Glad to hear they have great CS, but disappointed to see this many problems with them.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
wish i had my stuff back in four days ^^^^^you know what im saying man

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
My cts is going crazy, everytime i start it in the morning it goives a warning beep and i have to unplug it then it works, while giving warning beeps almost everytime i stop. updated then reset, then edge said ok will send you a new one. so i ask you gonna give me a refurb, cause i don't want some hand me down. the tech said hold on a minute, then went back and found me a brand new one with the screen cover still on and said alright man you'll have it in four days. just gotta send the bad one back. I must say its a pleasure knowing edge will back up their products. :drink

Mine is doing the same thing and it's starting to get very annoying to unplug it twice per day (to and from work). It seems like the internal battery is bad since it acts like it was the first time it's seen the truck each time the beep happens. Good to know they stand by their products though. Guess I will need to contact them so i can get a new one as well.

Did the new one work perfectly?

·
Diesel Junky
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ since new one no problems at all, although i have heard of people having trouble with the new software they are running. either way call edge and they will correct the problem

·
Registered
97 Posts
mine is saying that the truck is not the same one that was used before so it prompts me to start everything all over... then other time it says it doesnt read the selected PIDs then turn off and restart and works!

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
I just updated mine via USB using the Edge Fusion software so I'll see if this version works any better. I'll know right away when I try and start the truck tomorrow morning. I have a feeling my ignition switch is going bad too so I may check that out as well.

·
Vendor
10,961 Posts
mine is saying that the truck is not the same one that was used before so it prompts me to start everything all over... then other time it says it doesnt read the selected PIDs then turn off and restart and works!
Try flashing the CTS on your computer with the fusion software to ensure you have the latest version. If that doesn't fix it, give customer service a call at Edge, they are really good about helping where they can over the phone or will replace/repair the unit if they can not.

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
Try flashing the CTS on your computer with the fusion software to ensure you have the latest version. If that doesn't fix it, give customer service a call at Edge, they are really good about helping where they can over the phone or will replace/repair the unit if they can not.

X2

I went out and tried my Edge this morning and it came on just like it should have. :thumb
I'll monitor it over the next few weeks and report back if it starts the same shenanigans again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yeh i just did the software lol im on my last leg with it ill be calling monday

·
Registered
686 Posts
had my CS for over a year 20k miles and its been perfect not 1 prob, egt gauge to

i never updated it either , lol

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
Well, looks like I spoke too soon, went out again this afternoon and it's doing the same thing again despite the update.
I'll be giving Edge tech support a call first thing tomorrow morning for sure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm not liking all these problems I'm seeing with the insight. It may be cheaper, and more reliable just to go with traditional gauges.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
I'm not liking all these problems I'm seeing with the insight. It may be cheaper, and more reliable just to go with traditional gauges.
I have ZERO issues with mine.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts