Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Edge Insight CTS. I have a 2011 Chevy Truck. Those of you with the Edge product, can you tell me at what soot level it starts to regen and when it stops. Thanks

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have a Edge Insight CTS. I have a 2011 Chevy Truck. Those of you with the Edge product, can you tell me at what soot level it starts to regen and when it stops. Thanks
When mine used to regen, it would start at 43-44 grams of soot. It would usually burn it down to 0 if I would immediately take the truck on the highway and let it do its things. If I just let it regen while driving around normally, it would burn the soot levels down to whatever it accumulated since it started regenerating. For example, if the regen started and I built up an additional 6 grams of soot during the regen cycle, then it would just burn it down to 6 grams of soot.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I only monitored my soot mass for 2 days till I realized an "R" will appear in the top.... The red R is telling you your in regen

·
Registered
944 Posts
What those guys said. Except that with mine the red R is a sometimes thing. I monitor EGT1 and EGT4 to tell for sure.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I monitored my soot because I liked knowing when a regen was about to occur. I didn't want to be stuck on the rocky roads at my ranch right when a regen needs to start. If you wait for the "R" to appear, you might as well just wait for the high idle to start, since they both only occur during active regen.

·
Registered
944 Posts
It is usually 42-44.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
starts at 43 grams for me. first time was was driving around town and it only regened to 19 grams, second time i took it to the highway and it regened to 3 grams, although it climbed up quick once the regen was over

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine is also 43. Some of the def numbers seem to be all messed up. I got a message that I had 516 miles left (by the truck) and the cts read 4406 miles. And the level % seems to be screwed up too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason I asked is, mine normally starts at 43 then turns off at 3. Today it did something strange. Started at 33 then off at 3. It took 45 minutes at 70 miles an hour. Normally take 25 to 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
The reason I asked is, mine normally starts at 43 then turns off at 3. Today it did something strange. Started at 33 then off at 3. It took 45 minutes at 70 miles an hour. Normally take 25 to 30 minutes.
It's also worth mentioning that there is a mileage limit without a regen. If the truck exceeds this mileage limit without a regen, it will go ahead and do it anyway. I am not sure of the exact mileage, though.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
Mine is also 43. Some of the def numbers seem to be all messed up. I got a message that I had 516 miles left (by the truck) and the cts read 4406 miles. And the level % seems to be screwed up too.
my def level is never right either

·
Registered
297 Posts
When mine used to regen, it would start at 43-44 grams of soot. It would usually burn it down to 0 if I would immediately take the truck on the highway and let it do its things. If I just let it regen while driving around normally, it would burn the soot levels down to whatever it accumulated since it started regenerating. For example, if the regen started and I built up an additional 6 grams of soot during the regen cycle, then it would just burn it down to 6 grams of soot.
What power level do you run your EDGE CTS on? Is it a noticeable difference? I have a CTS but only use it for monitoring because I dont want to void my warantee. But cant wait for the day to actually use a new tune....endulge me lol :neener

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
What power level do you run your EDGE CTS on? Is it a noticeable difference? I have a CTS but only use it for monitoring because I dont want to void my warantee. But cant wait for the day to actually use a new tune....endulge me lol :neener
My CTS is just for gauges. My truck is tuned with my H&S XRT Pro. I run it on Tow tune right now.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I am aware. I was referring to the edge evolution cts. Sorry. You have the insight then?
I'm not really planning on doing a tune but I heard that after a tune the Insight doesn't monitor as many things as it does in a stock. Have you noticed any losses?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm not really planning on doing a tune but I heard that after a tune the Insight doesn't monitor as many things as it does in a stock. Have you noticed any losses?
The only PIDs you lose are the EGT probes that are in the exhaust..that and the DEF PIDs, which you don't need anymore. But, if you want to monitor EGTs, you will need to get a probe from Edge and put it in your manifold.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The only PIDs you lose are the EGT probes that are in the exhaust..that and the DEF PIDs, which you don't need anymore. But, if you want to monitor EGTs, you will need to get a probe from Edge and put it in your manifold.
That's just with the insight right? Still get the egts with the evolution correct?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
not if you do the deletes.
This. Also, I would advise against tuning if you are not doing the deletes. It will still void your warranty and you are just asking for DPF problems when you start increasing power while it is present.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts