Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed you guys sold the Edge CTS, and since im forever loyal to Dmaxtuner.com I would purchase for your site. But I hear the CTS will only read that the ECM says. Say it limits itself to knowing what the compy knows and not what "actuall boost" is... Soemone said I would need the add on kit or upgrade kit. do yall have the upgrade kitor know what im even talking about??

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
I decided to test this by installing a mechanical boost gauge along with my cts. I found that the boost readings were spot on with eachother.

Now keep in mind that the factory sensors can only read 32psi, so anything over then that and you wont know what your boosting to.

If you were wanting to keep the CTS and needing to read more boost you can get the EAS system with the extra pressure sensors

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided to test this by installing a mechanical boost gauge along with my cts. I found that the boost readings were spot on with eachother.

Now keep in mind that the factory sensors can only read 32psi, so anything over then that and you wont know what your boosting to.

If you were wanting to keep the CTS and needing to read more boost you can get the EAS system with the extra pressure sensors
PM with the cts+EAS pricing? And maybe the price or the PPE can bus monitor(if you know anything about it.) Thank you sir for the reply!

·
Registered
220 Posts
My highest reading on my CTS was 33 psi. Not sure what the LBZ highest stock boost level is?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Looking at my records on my cts it said 38 for boost I have an lmm the stock sensors go up that high? Kinda scared me seeing that I need head studs soon to say the least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts