10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
No DEF level. Only pressure and temp :(

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's got more exhaust sensors. EGR Manifold temp :) Didn't know there was a sensor for that.

Think they got rid of def level since it only displayed 30% or less. Not sure if I had it before but through the dash I have def %.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wonder if there are differences between the '17 and '18 PIDs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Willards - Are you saying you have loaded this new software and that DEF Level is not present - despite what Edge says on their website? :frown2:
Yes. I only have DEF (Urea) pressure and DEF temperature

·
Registered
32 Posts
Should be interesting to see what the manifold EGTs are...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Noticing somewhere in the 500-600 cruising. Gets to about 1100 at WOT and REGEN. Im set up to read manifold and EGT5 (post DPF). EGT5 gets over 1,000 during REGEN too.

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
Looks like the heads are flowing better than the previous ones then... LMLs would see over 1200...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
If there is a PID you’all would like, it’s just a simple telephone call away to EDGE to request it, even more if you had it and don’t now.
Forget the lazy emailing way, unless you don’t mind waiting & waiting and maybe never hearing back.

The more people that request a pid that’s missing, the greater chance Edge will accommodate you’all.

I requested a pid that I had on my original Edge Insight back in 08-09 which was TCC SLIP. When it was not included on my CTS, they added it for me.
It was not included on my CTS2, it took several attempts including first time crashing my Insight, which they got it up and running again.
Second attempt they succeeded, so now I have the TCC SLIP on my CTS2.
For me it’s something important to monitor.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got a new cts2 and updated it right away. The manifold EGT seems legit, its acting like the one that I drilled into my LMM, very responsive. Also got my trans temp back and a few other new ones.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is anyone else seeing DPF soot grams after the update? I do not have it available on mine anymore when I put it on my new truck. That was very useful for me.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Is anyone else seeing DPF soot grams after the update? I do not have it available on mine anymore when I put it on my new truck. That was very useful for me.
Give EDGE a telephone call, they are the only ones that can take care of what’s missing.
You’ve changed to a 2018 which has a little different software, and they are the only ones that can add a update for you to download.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Give EDGE a telephone call, they are the only ones that can take care of what’s missing.
You’ve changed to a 2018 which is has a little different software, and they are the only ones that can add a update for you to download.
Thank you. I'll reach out to them and see what they say.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
:thumb

The message when you call will request that you’ll need the numbers off the product.
If you've registered your device at Edge you don’t need to worry about it.
Just proceed to talk to customer service/tech support.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wonder if the GPS info is available via OBD? I'd like to know elevation, I track it with a hand held GPS when hauling in the mountains. Actual DEF level up to full would be great too. Just back from the winter in the SW so I'll update mine again (last was in Dec) and see if I get anything new.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I just looked at link you supplied and DEF level was not there, unless its on the web site when you go through your browser

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I just looked at link you supplied and DEF level was not there, unless its on the web site when you go through your browser
Please give EDGE a TELEPHONE call, that's the quickest way to answer your concerns.
Edge has to set it up so you can log into FUSION and download whatever your looking for on your device.
THIS IS THE ONLY WAY YOU'LL BE ABLE TO ADD ANY PID ON YOUR DEVICE, internet searching will not get you anywhere.
I've mentioned this several times already on this thread.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
you cant monitor DEF amount with the CTS2, it was on there when it first came out but never worked, so they removed the PID

·
Registered
37 Posts
Installed my CTS2 a few days ago (before I start towing this summer) and am getting familiar with it. Fairly intuitive device and am liking it so far. Got the latest updates installed no problem. Truck is stock.

Was thinking there would be a PID for DPF soot level but don't see one. Also don't see one available for oil pressure. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything. Current list of available PIDs that I can see (version 5.9918.6268) follows:

Accel Pedal Position
Ambient Air Temp
Barometric Pressure
Battery Voltage
Corrected Speed
Desired FRP
Desired Idle RPM
Distance Code Cleared
Distance Since Regen
EGT Exhaust Manifold
EGT1 Post Turbo
EGT2 Post CCDOC/Pre SCR
EGT3 Post SCR/Pre DPFDOC
EGT4 Post DFPDOC/Pre DPF
EGT5 Post DPF
Engine Coolant Temp
Engine Load
Engine RPM
Engine Run Time
Fuel Level Remaining
Fuel Pressure
Fuel Rail Pressure
Fuel Temperature
G Force
G Force Calculated
G Force Lateral
Gear & TCL
Horse Power
Injection Timing
Intake Air Temp Mani
Manifold Abs Pressure
Mass Air Flow
Mileage Avg.
Mileage Inst.
Percent Grade
Regeneration Status
Run Time
Start Up Intake Air Temp
Torque
Trans Fluid Temp
Trip Odometer
Turbo Boost
Turbo Vane Position
Urea Fluid Temp
Urea Pressure
Warm Ups W/out Emiss Malf
Warm Ups W/out Non E Malf

My setups so far:

View #1 - Digital Gauges

Ambient Air Temp -- Intake Air Temp Mani -- EGT Exhaust Manifold

Turbo Boost -- Turbo Vane Position -- Engine Coolant Temp

Accel Pedal Position -- Fuel Rail Pressure -- Trans Fluid Temp

Distance Since Regen -- Regeneration Status -- Gear & TCL

View #2 - Master Gauges (this view is starting to grow on me)

Intake Air Temp Mani -- Fuel Rail Pressure -- EGT Exhaust Manifold

Gear & TCL -- Turbo Boost -- Distance Since Regen

Engine Coolant Temp -- Turbo Vane Position -- Trans Fluid Temp

Still tinkering on setup and view. Going to call Edge tomorrow about adding the PIDs unless someone here tells me I'm blind and it's right in front of my eyes. Thoughts/insight are welcome in the meantime!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts