Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a cts3 and want to be able to switch tunes through it directly rather than a switch. So what do I need to look for\ask for? The switches seem to connect to the computer it seems. Can the cts3 only work with their tuner model? Or can it work with any tuning?

·
Premium Member
10,656 Posts
Best to discuss this with your tuner, used to be that only certain years of the Duramax could use the cts for switching tunes.

·
Registered
965 Posts
You need to understand the difference between and Insight CTS3 and an Evolution CTS3. The insight is just for monitoring and can switch tunes on LB7/LLY when running EFI Live. The evolution comes with Edge tunes preloaded.

You can definitely use the Insight CTS3 to switch tunes on LB7/LLY. It uses a serial connection through the OBDII port for the EFI Live tune. Your tuner has to be sure to set the tunes to serial from hardwired.

As for anything newer, I don't know anything about shift on the fly tunes (I think its EZlynk) but I've never had the chance to mess with any duramax newer than an LBZ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to understand the difference between and Insight CTS3 and an Evolution CTS3. The insight is just for monitoring and can switch tunes on LB7/LLY when running EFI Live. The evolution comes with Edge tunes preloaded.

You can definitely use the Insight CTS3 to switch tunes on LB7/LLY. It uses a serial connection through the OBDII port for the EFI Live tune. Your tuner has to be sure to set the tunes to serial from hardwired.

As for anything newer, I don't know anything about shift on the fly tunes (I think its EZlynk) but I've never had the chance to mess with any duramax newer than an LBZ.
Will the cts3 work to switch efi live tunes on an lbz?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts