Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you using to make the dash pod stick to your dash. I have the luxury dash pod and it will not stick. I have cleaned the dash very well. Tried heavy duty velcro, 3m double sided tape, nothing seems to stick well enough.

·
IB4X4N
122 Posts
Same problem

Mine is the same..... Think I'll try clear silicone when I get around to it. Take module out and put a dollop inside at each corner maybe. Put something on it over night to hold till it sets up. Wedge a balloon or football on it can't hurt.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea might try that too. Mine is fixing to come out to hook up the EGT probe and back up camera.

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Gorilla glue. All you need is a small amount.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have thought about a more permanent solution like that but what if you want to take it out one day? Will the gorilla glue clean off good enough?

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Ive removed my dash pod once, since ive Gorilla glued it 3-4 months ago. I used a very small amount. By small I mean just a drop. Hardest part was removing it. I was able to remove the dried up heavy part. It left a stain of where the glue was, but to me the stain isnt noticeable.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I used the supplied 3m velcro strips. I had to heat up the dash a bit for the adhesive to actually stick. Still didn't stick as well as I'd hoped but once I got the weight of the cts and the dash trim back on it seems to stay put just fine. Little bit of play in it if I really mash on the buttons but it doesn't bounce around while I drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts